+ Visit Charlton Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello lads & lasses

Hello lads & lasses

What do you think about Saturdays game against Barnsley.Will it be on or off, as I don't fancy coming down to London to find the game has been called off.
    Thanks in advance a Barnsley fan in peace.

re: Hello lads & lasses

Quote Originally Posted by THE_1
    What do you think about Saturdays game against Barnsley.Will it be on or off, as I don't fancy coming down to London to find the game has been called off.
    Thanks in advance a Barnsley fan in peace.
    Hello to you too and Happy New Year.

I don't know on this one but I am sure they will make a decision tomorrow at the latest. I personally feel it will go ahead but that depends on whether there is more rain over the next few days and whether the pitch is in a suitable condition to allow play.

The FA Cup third round tie against Oxford was postponed for today, Wednesday, but maybe that may help the pitch for Saturday. The reason for all of this has been a drainage issue leading to a waterlogged pitch.

I would keep checking the CAFC website for updates - www.cafc.co.uk

Ok Valley I'll do that, thank you. Also a Happy new year to you & yours too.

Thanks THE_1.

I forgot to mention they've put a dome over the pitch to protect it from the elements. I am going up to the Valley tomorrow so will post back on here what they tell me.

Deserves a RED for that

There you have it, good news, the game is going ahead THE_1 - view external link

Thanks again valley for all your advice on this issue.

Oh really? Definitely on is it?

I suppose we have loads of pyssed off Barnsley fans in London in this lovely early 1:30PM afternoon for no reason then!

Why the hell leave it until 1PM to make the decision that the game is OFF... Disgusting really.

I'm not one of those fans currently in London (thank god!) but after your club pretty much made out that the game was pretty much definitely on, I understand their frustration!

(I don't blame you guys, obviously you have no control over what your own club does with stuff like this, just needed to vent really)

I agree and do feel very sorry for your fans, those who had to make the long trip down to the Valley as they wouldn't have had time to cancel their arrangements leaving it up until the last minute to postpone the game really inconveniences all the fans, particularly with long journeys. I hope they can get a refund if they can't make the next fixture but don't know what the situation is with travel and then there's the waste of journey time.

I can only imagine the club assumed it would go ahead and it was all set to start but then the referee decided against on inspecting the pitch. I didn't read the news and didn't realise it had been called off but am not far away from the ground.

The pitch has been pretty poor to put it mildly all season but the fact it's still flooded when it's a nice sunny day out there and had been covered by a dome doesn't reflect at all well on the Club.

I do hope THE_1 decided not to go and apologies if you did.

Valley,I had a great day in the capital. But the beer is a bit iffy for my liking, even though I kept trying it time & time again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast