+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Confession Time.

re: O/T Confession Time.

Quote Originally Posted by chimplad
    So Thomas Hitzlsperger has 'come out' and stated he is gay. So what, who cares - it is legal now!

Then we have Chris Smalling going to a party dressed as a suicide bomber.

What planet do these self-obsessed, inflated egos come from?

This prompted me to wonder if these revelations might be followed by others from Premier League stars admitting to other irrelevant leanings such as:-

I was a ****age stamp-collector.

I really wanted to be a netball star.

You will never guess where I keep my pet ferrets.

Perhaps you have some other suggestions for 'non-stories' for the front pages of the daily comics?
    I don't really see a bloke coming out as self obsessed Woking.
    He played in a sport where he would have been crucified by the crowd and opponents and even team mates for batting for the other s

I have lesbian tendencies.

Does that make me self obsessed ;0)

Don't believe the hype behind sports people or so called celebrities. If they choose to "come out", up to them, it's their life. Away from football and the 90 minutes on show, i don't put them on a pedestal.

...Being gay is legal now but I do believe that those that are should keep their personal life to themselves. As I have said, they don't confess to being stamp collectors or whatever because nobody would be interested. Why therefore, should we be any more interested in their ***ual leanings...
    Respectfully, it is legal now but why? The Alan Turing was in the news again lately. Were we born more tolerant than those who persecuted Turing, or did events push us toward the broader view? If the latter, which events?

In my opinion the effect of millions of people "coming out" whether publicly or to their friends and family has been to add momentum to needed change. I think of Billie Jean King as an important example over here. No doubt some did so out of narcissism or self-promotion, but for others it was a decision reached after painful struggle, because they felt they could help others or for the simple desire to live in truth.

Just my thoughts.

Ok so I have an opinion on this subject...and as my eldest son is gay feel my comments are worthy more than most. So lets examine what is 'normal' Just because the media general public etc consider hetero***ual to be normal do we all have to accept Iit. Just because someome 'comesout' ...leads us to believe the term is even stereo typical. So what Iif we are not all the same, I also work with a few of these aliens (gays) ...and low and behold they have done me no harm. In fact they are probably more in tune with themselves than we are. So lets not be too rash in judging others, if they're not hurting anyone whats the problem??

Perhaps the "coming out" is today what inter-racial marriage was decades ago. Cutting edge for the first few thousand who did it, but now means little to anyone who is not in "the community."

When I pass on it will mean a lot to me and my nearest and dearest, but will not be worth a press release or a news conference.

The world moves on...

A person and his or her ***ual preference is down to them. No one has a right to judge. Like when people talk about race and/or colour, i refer to people by their. I'm not comparing either, but using it as an example. When celebrities do choose to as often referred to as "coming out", it probably helps others when afraid to tell friends or family.

Quote Originally Posted by Snetterwolf
    Ok so I have an opinion on this subject...and as my eldest son is gay feel my comments are worthy more than most. So lets examine what is 'normal' Just because the media general public etc consider hetero***ual to be normal do we all have to accept Iit. Just because someome 'comesout' ...leads us to believe the term is even stereo typical. So what Iif we are not all the same, I also work with a few of these aliens (gays) ...and low and behold they have done me no harm. In fact they are probably more in tune with themselves than we are. So lets not be too rash in judging others, if they're not hurting anyone whats the problem??

Quite easily one of the best single paragraph replies I've ever read on here by somebody who Totally knows what they are talking about Cheers Snetts!!

I personally confess to t w a tting a couple of Aldershot fans following the home game play offs back in the eighties...

Grown up now, ay I...

[quote="TundraWolf"

When I pass on it will mean a lot to me and my nearest and dearest, but will not be worth a press release or a news conference.

The world moves on...[/quote]

Absolutely spot on, Tundra. The exact point that I was making. It was never about condemning them!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)