+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Alloa

re: Queens v Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by BigIain
    10 points from last 15.

Credit to the Manager for selecting an attacking team today.

5 players signed up ( so they must be happy to play for the Manager ).

Hopefully this will pacify his doubters for a wee while.

Big game next week where a win will take us into a good position for the end of the season
    I would really like to warm to him. More consistency in selections would help.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    10 points from last 15.

Credit to the Manager for selecting an attacking team today.

5 players signed up ( so they must be happy to play for the Manager ).

Hopefully this will pacify his doubters for a wee while.

Big game next week where a win will take us into a good position for the end of the season
    I would really like to warm to him. More consistency in selections would help.[/quote]

I've been a bit like you and am starting to warm to him with my main reason being the players seem to like him.

Here's hoping for a good finish to the season.

Would be a nightmare to miss out on Hearts and Rangers next season as it's potentially a financial pot of gold.

He has a lot to prove before i'll be warming to him.
    We have been under achieving most of the season down to his poor tactics.

Today he got it right, the team most fans would have picked with the formation most fans would have picked and look what happened !!!!!

We have been here before though when he started to get it right and reverted back.

Great result today. Very happy with the three points.
    Thought taking Russell off and replacing with Danny was strange. Manager should know by now to get the best out of danny he has to be played on the right. However it was great to see him back on the pitch.
    All in all great three points.
    Totally agree with what's said before. Selection needs to be more consistent and keep players to their best position when we can.
    Think Paul Hartley beat himself today with his first half tactics. I think if alloa cane to attack this game the game would have been closer.
    Big zander had a wonderful save first half. If they had scored then it would have been so different.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair
    Great result today. Very happy with the three points.
    Thought taking Russell off and replacing with Danny was strange. Manager should know by now to get the best out of danny he has to be played on the right. However it was great to see him back on the pitch.
    All in all great three points.
    Totally agree with what's said before. Selection needs to be more consistent and keep players to their best position when we can.
    Think Paul Hartley beat himself today with his first half tactics. I think if alloa cane to attack this game the game would have been closer.
    Big zander had a wonderful save first half. If they had scored then it would have been so different.
    Never managed to make the game today but a ***** 3 points earned.
    Big zander has been an excellent signing for us so far this season.

I agree with Bluehair that Zander had a good game and probably turned it in our favour with his parry in the first half. If Alloa had gone one up they would never have ventured out of their half for the remainder of the game. I thought Paton and Russell were outstanding for the first hour. Glad to see our proper defence restored after last week's debacle. I was delighted that young Reilly got MOM. When they have the ball he plays like he is our first line of defence. His harassing of defenders often wins us possession but his lay offs today did not really work out. This can perhaps be put down to inexperience in that role but I also have to say I was amazed how many times he won possession when a towering defender looked favourite. Overall I have to say well done to the lads and well one to Macca on an excellent team choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHair

Don't you mean the opposite? If Alloa came to defend the game would have been closer?

Most attacking Alloa have been against us in a long time. They had a lot of chances today but we were clinical.

Really sorry I couldn't be there today. I'll make it next week, so I hope it'll be a similar result.

I was really shocked by Jims positive line-up today but it was probably decisive in our victory.We were worthy winners in the end but it could have changed without two very smart saves from Zander and an improvised shot from Alloa missing by inches.
    All three goals were well worked and will help the confidence of the trio of scorers.I think that today confirmed that we must play Higgins and Durnan together.They are a partnership and Higgins is a good influence on Holt aswell.It negates whether Dowie is a better player than Durnan or Higgins.
    We made Alloa look pretty ordinary today something we have struggled to do before.Bain again excelled.He is a quality shot stopper and saved his team from a bigger defeat.Cawley showed in flashes but Simmons,Kirk,Holmes and particularly McCord all seemed poor.Simmons never seems to enjoy his football and i could never enjoy his attitude on a football pitch.He spent most of today refeering the game while ghosting away from Mr Finnie's book.
    Best for

Whole team played well today with burns and Paton being the pick of the bunch.

Reilly took his goal well, but a lot of work required on his first touch and lay offs is required if he is going to improve as a player at this level.

Much needed win though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)