+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens v Alloa

re: Queens v Alloa

For a couple of missed chances here and there just look at all the good Gavin Reilly brings to the team. He's got strength, pace, his work rate is simply outstanding and he scores goals.

If the rumors are true and this Motherwell striker is to be brought in then my fear is it will be at the expense of Reilly which would be a gutting. Someone is going to have to be sacrificed that is for sure.

Paton has quality but he does well for a hour then you have to double check to make sure he's still on the park, he just seems to tail off.

Burns was outstanding today. MOM imo

Not trying to be too critical about Reilly. I really just want him to turn out as the player we all hope he can become.

Queens v Alloa

Thanks today to St Cuthbert Wanderers FC and Greystone Rovers FC youth players and their coaches for providing us with the half-time entertainment at this game, and to the supporters at the match for giving them such enthusiastic support

Below link to the QUEENS TRUST article and photo's,,, - view external link

Very well summed up dreamer . Why dont you post more often ? Agree that Zander could have a good career in game . If he goes back to Saints, still not getting a game then I could see him demanding a move . Yes, he is still young but once these guys get a taste of regular game time , they don't want to go back to reserve football. Simmons still remains the most reviled ( as a footballer) individual I have seen . All the urgency of a slug . His uncaring , swanning about attitude when we were in a relegation dog fight will live with me for an age but I wish it wouldn't.

Was it credit to the manager for selecting an attacking line up today or was he told to select one? I suspect it was the latter.

An entertaining game and a good performance fom us.

There is no doubt hat the formation enabled us to convert chances because most of the time we had Lyle and Reilly in the opposition penalty box as opposed to a lone striker and midfield runners.

Burns and McKenna make our central midfield strong and burns in particular had a great game. Paton is a class act and is better in a wider position IMHO.

I agree that Durnan and Higgins is our best pairing but Dowie is a very good player and in many ways is very unlucky not to be first choice. He would walk into most teams in this league. Holt is the obvious pick at left back barring a calamitous loss of form.

I still don't think Russell is being deployed in his best position but that now seems unlikely to change. Danny has really struggled this season - would like to see him play a big part in h run in but to do that he needs to be on the right and he needs to start finding an end product.

If we can go on a run (something we haven't come

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGEORGE
    Was it credit to the manager for selecting an attacking line up today or was he told to select one? I suspect it was the latter.
    I strongly doubt that would be the case.
    Credit to the manager and the players today.

Ryan McGuffie must of picked one of the quickest bookings at Palmeesrton I can remember yesterday . 66 seconds according to the bbc report

[quote="BIGGEORGE". ?

Yes as other posters have already said credit to the manager for putting out an attacking line up. That is the only way to play against Alloa.Because if they had of scored first we all know what would have happened, they'd have got every man behind the ball.
    Thought Queens were poor the first 20mins but when they got the first goal it seemed to settle them.Alloa have some pacy players but in the main the defence coped well.Both keepers had some good saves as well. Nice to see Mc Guffie back, that was some run he had down the wing.With a couple of decent signings hopefully we can climb the table.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)