+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Alloa

why do you think queens dont attract the floating fans we do have a decent support in dumfries sleeping fans who just might start coming along again ,this is prob the main reason we are stuck with the hardcore faithful .

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    If we are going to go up we are going to have to play the long game and be patient.
    Most people in Dumfries do actually look out for the Queens result on Saturday even though they couldn't really care if they won or lost. However there are many more out there who are disillusioned with all the mediocrity and averageness of a stagnating Championship side that hasn't had a sniff of top class football in nearly 60 years!

What does our wage bill look like compared to other teams at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    What does our wage bill look like compared to other teams at the moment?
    I would expect Queens to have one of the lowest budgets and wage bills in the Scottish Championship.

Truthhurts, - I'm astonished at your quote:

"...... However there are many more out there who are disillusioned with all the mediocrity and averageness of a stagnating Championship side that hasn't had a sniff of top class football in nearly 60 years!"

That may well be 'their' view point, but it would appear that it is you who is making the statement!

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    This debate looks back to the times under Harkness when Queens were happy to be playing it safe in the old Second Division.
    I think it is now 54 years since we last played in the top league although we could have been there in 1974 - 75 after finishing runners - up to Falkirk by one point only for the powers that be to bring in the Premier League to which we
    were not allowed in. To be honest the last decade is probably the best period in our 99 year history with 2 League Championships and two Challenge Cup wins with two other appearances in the final, a Scottish Cup Final and a UEFA
    Cup 2 - leg tie. Never say never but imo I cannot see QOS in the top league in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    I think it is now 54 years since we last played in the top league although we could have been there in 1974 - 75 after finishing runners - up to Falkirk by one point only for the powers that be to bring in the Premier League to which we
    were not allowed in. To be honest the last decade is probably the best period in our 99 year history with 2 League Championships and two Challenge Cup wins with two other appearances in the final, a Scottish Cup Final and a UEFA
    Cup 2 - leg tie. Never say never but imo I cannot see QOS in the top league in the near future.

ftivano i do think we are heading in the right direction off the field with the board generating ways to get income in through infrastructure ,negating the need for money at the turnstyles ,but we do have the fans out there its just there expectations are far greater than what the hardcore fans expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    ftivano i do think we are heading in the right direction off the field with the board generating ways to get income in through infrastructure ,negating the need for money at the turnstyles ,but we do have the fans out there its just there expectations are far greater than what the hardcore fans expect.
    Perhaps it is just that the hardcore fans have more realistic expectations rather than the floating supporters who will only infrequently turn up on the big occasion then disappear again when the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Perhaps it is just that the hardcore fans have more realistic expectations rather than the floating supporters who will only infrequently turn up on the big occasion then disappear again when the going gets tough.

yep your prob spot on there aswell ,these floating fans will only pay for success ,thay obviously arnt here atm as we arnt coming near what there after ,the way i see it queens have a hardcore of about the 2000 mark in dumfries if all could attend at same time ,id estimate we will have around an extra 3 to 4000 that regard themselfs as queens fans but rarely attend and the rest id say hopefuls .

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Truthhurts, - I'm astonished at your quote:

"...... However there are many more out there who are disillusioned with all the mediocrity and averageness of a stagnating Championship side that hasn't had a sniff of top class football in nearly 60 years!"

That may well be 'their' view point, but it would appear that it is you who is making the statement!
    I can remember Cowdenbeath playing at Palmerston just after they had been relegated and thinking as kid how great it was to see such a big team playing against Queens. I am afraid to even think about how many of the current lower league teams have played in the top division since we were relegated. Believe me Jardi, people in this town do want a real challenge from Queens and would return to watch games if we were more ambitious.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)