+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oops!

re: Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepmidwinter
    When I first started watching the Millers way back when we had eleven players and that was it, no substitutes. If someone got badly injured we played with ten. Now we're worried because we might only have fif**** quality players available for Saturday. What's the problem? We can only have eleven on the field at any one time and we've adequate cover for all positions, all eventualities. If it takes another week to bring in two or three additional quality players so what? We're going to be stronger once all deals are completed than we were in December and better able to make a push in the second half of the season and that's all that matters.
    Too right plus you can only use three subs anyway[/quote]

All very true. But back in the good old bad old days every club was in the same boat. Today, any team going into a game with an under-str

We don't have an under strength bench we may be two short numerically but we'll have better quality than Crewe that's for sure.

Tell you what IS starting to get on my nerves, when SE says he"s a Miller!
    NO YOUR"E NOT STEVE.
    Your employed by Tony Stewart to be the manager of Rotherham United, at the moment your doing a cracking job and we thank you for that, but please don"t isult our inteligence by trying to make out you are a Millers fan.
    So when eventually you get another job at another club(which you will) will you still be a Miller??
    Didn"t think so.
    We are Millers from birth(more or less) to death...you are not!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller67
    Not being in touch with all the facts it's hard to comment on the whys and wherefores, but if SE has been told to reduce the wage bill before he can recruit, then he's had little choice, there's only Tidser played any part recently and so as long as him and Worral are coming back eventually then I don't have a problem.

If he fails to get replacements in time it's hardly worth fretting about, the available lads just have to get on with it

No slanging match mate but it is worth fretting about, i see your point about him maybe being told to free wages up but whoevers made the decision could have made a mistake..and crewe are never easy...

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y
    When I first started watching the Millers way back when we had eleven players and that was it, no substitutes. If someone got badly injured we played with ten. Now we're worried because we might only have fif**** quality players available for Saturday. What's the problem? We can only have eleven on the field at any one time and we've adequate cover for all positions, all eventualities. If it takes another week to bring in two or three additional quality players so what? We're going to be stronger once all deals are completed than we were in December and better able to make a push in the second half of the season and that's all that matters.
    Too right plus you can only use three subs anyway[/quote]

All very true. But back in the good old bad old days every club was in the same boat. Today, a

[quote="vespabri"s a Miller!
    NO YOUR"E NOT STEVE.
    Your employed by Tony Stewart to be the manager of Rotherham United, at the moment your doing a cracking job and we thank you for that, but please don"t isult our inteligence by trying to make out you are a Millers fan.
    So when eventually you get another job at another club(which you will) will you still be a Miller??
    Didn"t think so.
    We are Millers from birth(more or less) to death...you are not!![/quote]

Wow, Please don't take this as me having a go but I really don't see the issue.

If my wife having never been to a game claimed to be a miller because she once actually listened to my comments after a match then fine but he is the gaffer.

I think it's great that he shows that sort of affiliation with the club, even if is only to show solidarity.

Lets not forget it's not exactly been your average 2 years at the club, roller-coaster as he s

[quote="myowzer"s a Miller!
    NO YOUR"E NOT STEVE.
    Didn"t think so.
    We are Millers from birth(more or less) to death...you are not!![/quote]

Wow, Please don't take this as me having a go but I really don't see the issue.

If my wife having never been to a game claimed to be a miller because she once actually listened to my comments after a match then fine but he is the gaffer.

I think it's great that he shows that sort of affiliation with the club, even if is only to show solidarity.

Lets not forget it's not exactly been your averag

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller
    The problem is we don't have one decent striker available on Saturday, I'd go as far as to say we don't actually have a striker available for Saturday, period.

Don't see the point of worrying until there's something to worry about, wait and see is my advice. That's all I'm saying (for a change)

I have a good feeling about today.

UTM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123