+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Lord a.k.a. Rupert Lowe

re: The Dark Lord a.k.a. Rupert Lowe

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_7
    Because his job was to look after our club, something in which he failed to do! He spent money we clearly didn't have & nearly put us into liquidation, yes I don't know the ins & outs of it as I was quite young when this happened but from what I have heard & been told, I strongly dislike him.
    Fundamentally, I'm sure that Lowe had the best intentions of the club at heart, it's just that limited means and matters both on and off the pitch conspired against him. For instance, relegation from the Premiership so shortly after the club moved to SMS (with a sizeable mortgage requiring to be serviced), not to mention Barclays who reduced the club's overdraft from £5m to £4m in one fell swoop, proved to be financial disastrous..

Before judging Lowe too harshly on what others may or may not have told you, it might be doing a bit of fact finding of your own..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Because his job was to look after our club, something in which he failed to do! He spent money we clearly didn't have & nearly put us into liquidation, yes I don't know the ins & outs of it as I was quite young when this happened but from what I have heard & been told, I strongly dislike him.
    Fundamentally, I'm sure that Lowe had the best intentions of the club at heart, it's just that limited means and matters both on and off the pitch conspired against him. For instance, relegation from the Premiership so shortly after the club moved to SMS (with a sizeable mortgage requiring to be serviced), not to mention Barclays who reduced the club's overdraft from £5m to £4m in one fell swoop, proved to be financial disastrous..

Before judging Lowe too harshly on what others may or may not have told you, it might be doing a bit of fact finding of your own.. [/quote]

What have you got pr

What have you got proof of the Skates stealing from charities then, because I'm sure you only say that from hearing rumours?
    With respect Harv, I'm absolutely positive I've never said that the thefts from charities were only 'rumours'..

What have you got proof of the Skates stealing from charities then, because I'm sure you only say that from hearing rumours?
    With respect Harv, I'm absolutely positive I've never said that the thefts from charities were only 'rumours'..[/quote]

Have you got proof then?

Have you got proof then?
    That money collected in good faith by the skates on behalf of local charities never reached its intended targets because it was kept by the skates ? It's a well established, undeniable, unpalatable FACT..

Have you got proof then?
    That money collected in good faith by the skates on behalf of local charities never reached its intended targets because it was kept by the skates ? It's a matter of public record..[/quote]

Ok point taken, but surely that's the club in the wrong & not the fans.

So why do you call the fans 'GLCT?'

Do I ?

Do I ?[/quote]

You have done in the past.

Do I ?[/quote]

You have done in the past.[/quote]

Are you certain of that ?

Anyway, getting back on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    He wasn't a football man but he did get us SMS which had been promised to us for 20 odd years and he helped develop the academy.
    Both of which stood us in excellent stead for the future and, without which, we certainly wouldn't be where we are today.

My opinion is that the club was caught between a rock and a hard place at the time - relegation from the Prem resulted in significant reduction in revenue; selling the best players helped to keep the club running; but with the best players gone, the chances of a quick return to the Prem vanished overnight; etc etc.

Dark times, yes - but the club that emerged was by far the stronger for it..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast