+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Lord a.k.a. Rupert Lowe

re: The Dark Lord a.k.a. Rupert Lowe

Quality - Papa destroyed by Harvey.

There were positives, but the bad far outweighs the good. Clive Woodward FFS? :/

Probably his worst act was returning after Nigel Pearson had kept us up, and Leon Crouch was beginning to get the finances under control. By returning, he single-handedly destroyed the bit of feel-good factor that was developing, and that imo was the biggest factor in the consequent relegation and administration.

IMO, the most significant factor in the club entering administration was Barclays pulling the plug on the club's agreed overdraft at the drop of a hat.

And I will constantly regard it as 'odd' that the executive at Barclays who was largely responsible for the club entering administration (by first slashing the overdraft from 5,000,000 to 4,000,000 and then bouncing cheques for less than 6,000) accepted a partner role at Begbie Traynor who then handled the recovery of the club..

Conspiracy theorist, me ? Never..

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    Quality - Papa destroyed by Harvey.
    Wasn't intended Chis, I just think all this 'GLCT' sh1t is pathetic & so boring! There's more threads on here about Pompey than Saints, it's a joke.

I think he gets too much credit for the academy, simply because we were producing top quality young players, long before he came along.

Sure, he kept it going, but not for the same reasons as before, or since.
    Before and since we have used the academy to bolster the first team, but I get the impression Lowe considered it something akin to raising livestock.

Get them to a certain level, then auction them off to the highest bidder. Yes, it helped sustain the club, but didn't it also give him a healthy return on his shares, on top of an already healthy wage?

I just felt everything he did was for himself.

Nice to see Harvey showing himself to be far more intelligent and adult than most of the members of 'The Dirty(half)Dozen'.

Well Said Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdder
    Nice to see Harvey showing himself to be far more intelligent and adult than most of the members of 'The Dirty(half)Dozen'.
    Would be even nicer if Harvey checked his facts before posting..

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_7
    Wasn't intended Chis, I just think all this 'GLCT' sh1t is pathetic & so boring!

The diversity of topics and opinions of all that contribute to this board make it what it is harv. I'd be the first to admit that the music threads do little for me, so I avoid reading them. If I do, I refrain from posting how, and I quote, "sh1t...pathetic...boring" etc I find them.

If threads discussing the demise and embarrassment of po**ey and the GLCT makes you so angry and bored, perhaps you should try something similar and avoid reading, and contributing, to them

Alternatively, post more challenging topics encouraging the intellectual debate you seem to crave

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_7
    Have you got proof then?
    That money collected in good faith by the skates on behalf of local charities never reached its intended targets because it was kept by the skates ? It's a matter of public record..[/quote]

Ok point taken, but surely that's the club in the wrong & not the fans.

So why do you call the fans 'GLCT?'[/quote]

It's called 'poking the bear' Harv, to get a reaction.
    If you ever listen to Talk Sport Adrian Durham in particular is very good at it.

Had Michael Wilde payed him off meaning that he never came back i may have a slightly better opinion of him.
    The only god thing to have come from his tenure as chairman was St Mary's, i wouldn't credit him for signing Morgan that was down to Georges Prost who had great contacts in France

A non football man who thought he knew better by giving Clive Woodward and that idiot from Garforth Town highly paid positions and opened a radio station ffs

He was at the helm for worst period in Saints history and most importantly i never got my refund from the club for being overcharged for my Uefa Cup ticket away in Bucharest despite assurances that i would

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast