+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas Hitzlsperger

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Exceptionally brave for him to come out & admit that he's played for West Ham

re: Thomas Hitzlsperger

I really wish that more professional footballers would come out as gay (obviously, only if they are). On the balance of probabilities there must be 100s playing full time.
    Being gay is a fact of life: get over it. Let's celebrate diversity in all aspects of human life.

I am sure that after a few seconds of surprise most professionals would shrug and get on with it. There will be exceptions and idiots, but these guys are the types to be neo-Nazis and hold other stupid prejudices.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    I really wish that more professional footballers would come out as gay (obviously, only if they are). On the balance of probabilities there must be 100s playing full time.
    Being gay is a fact of life: get over it. Let's celebrate diversity in all aspects of human life.

I am sure that after a few seconds of surprise most professionals would shrug and get on with it. There will be exceptions and idiots, but these guys are the types to be neo-Nazis and hold other stupid prejudices.
    The system doesn't seem to want to let me "Like it", so instead I'll say I agree with you 100% AL.
    By the way, I think from some of your previous posts you really don't like Leicester City do you? I went to see their 5-3 win against Bolton on December 29 with my son who was briefly back on leave from China and we had a great time. Very good standard and entertaining game. I really hope they get promoted, and indeed that all 3 East Midlands clubs do. T

Quote Originally Posted by Tidegoingout

The system doesn't seem to want to let me "Like it", so instead I'll say I agree with you 100% AL.
    By the way, I think from some of your previous posts you really don't like Leicester City do you? I went to see their 5-3 win against Bolton on December 29 with my son who was briefly back on leave from China and we had a great time. Very good standard and entertaining game. I really hope they get promote

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester

AL, couldn't agree more but another fact of life is that football is tribal, and attracts the occasional knuckle-dragger who has the maturity level and intellect of an amoeba. Most teams have their share, I'm sure we do too, but because of that football is the last sport where you'd expect next to no reaction from the terraces.

I sincerely hope someone is brave enough one day, like you say the chances are there are several gay players "hiding" but it will take some guts - a SAD fact of life!

Good on Thomas Hitzlsperger!

A "like" for the comments on this thread.

http://www.1world1game.com/news/is-hitzlspergers-coming-out-still-news

Thought this was a decent article...