+ Visit Everton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aiden McGeady Set To Join Everton In The Summer?

Aiden McGeady Set To Join Everton In The Summer?

Martinez: McGeady deal is close.

Roberto Martinez has confirmed that Everton are close to agreeing a pre-contract deal with Aiden McGeady, with the winger set to join the Blues in the summer.

There had been speculation that the 27 year-old might join during the current transfer window but the manager doubts that a deal can be struck with Spartak Moscow to bring him in this month.

“We are very close to a deal with Aiden for the summer, that is true," the Spaniard is quoted in The Mirror.

You know I like him as a player, but as things stand now I don't think we will be able to do anything for January because there are too many difficulties. Many things can happen in the window, but right now it would be difficult.”

McGeady is out of contract in the summer and can leave Spartak on a free transfer.

re: Aiden McGeady Set To Join Everton In The Summer?

Only ever seen this lad on youtube vids.Seems to like taking a man on and whipping in crosses/assists.
    Good squad player for a freebie.

[p]
    Free is good...

Didn't want us anywhere near him with the previous prices being quoted.

[p]

[color=navy]

Not seen anything of him to be honest; and from what I've been told by others, the lads nothing special. But Moysie wanted him, and now Martinez has gone for him, so he must have something he can bring to the table

[color=navy]

I don't know if looks are anything to go by, but my first thoughts, when I saw him doing his Goodison introduction, was how out of shape he looked :/

Quote Originally Posted by alan_stubbs
    [color=navy]

I don't know if looks are anything to go by, but my first thoughts, when I saw him doing his Goodison introduction, was how out of shape he looked :/
    [p]
    They eat well in Russia

[p]

McGeady hasn't played since mid November,he does look like a good old fashioned alehouse player

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)