+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Brom match thread

re: West Brom match thread

Cork looks lost every time he touches the ball. He holds on to it for way too long as well.

1 - 0. That's better.

Nice finish Adam.

That's better.

Another would be nice.

Boruc is back and saves us 2 points.

1-0 will do.

Don't know what our pass completion was, but if it wasn't our worst this season, I'll be surprised.

Good goal from Lallana, and yet again, a poor decision by a ref, could have cost us 2 points.
    No way did Shaw foul Long, for that free kick in the corner. Perfect spot for putting in a good cross.

And thank you Boruc, for keeping out the Long shot from 4 yards. You see what I did there?
    That's payback for the Stoke goal.

Not often a keeper walks off the pitch with such plaudits but in Arturs case today he effectively saved/won is two points with that save...glad he's back.

As for Gaston, one pass doesn't make a player! Perhaps his mind is already on playing somewhere else, I hear braids are in in Italy

Caught the second half stream. Not our best performance by a long way but the win was all important.

I can't wait to see that Boruc save on MOTD later. I was sat high up in the chapel and everyone around me was saying the same. It looked like he made himself big enough and did his job but I want to see exactly what happened.

When Ben Foster was wasting time on 13 mins we knew what we were in for. Park the bus and go on a late charge. Thanks to lallanas sharpness we had a bit more in the tank and it counted. The current table will tell us that in 9th we sit afoot the top half of the table and Joke in 10th sit atop the bottom portion. I've no problem with that.

Hope those of you who frequented the JT had a good one, would have liked to have joined you.

Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer
    This has got me out of having to deal with Greenwich market. If you've ever been, you'll understand my relief!!
    Was in Greenwich last week. Can imagine what it would be like at market time. [/quote]

Horrible mate. Imagine trying to fit a st Mary's capacity crowd in to fratton park! It's as much of a nightmare as it is as horrible.

Just got back, and to be honest I'd have taken a 1-0 all day long today against a resolute West Brom team who arrived looking for a point. Strangely, I thought they looked a useful outfit once we'd gone 1 up, which makes their negative tactics hard to understand.

As predicted, Boruc's return was massive in so many ways. Our defence looked more comfortable with him between the sticks, and his worldy save on 89mins saved us two points.

If pushed for a MOTM, I'd have to give it to Lallana, if for no other reason it was his 250th appearance in a Saints shirt and he marked it with a goal - the guy is officially now a Saints legend

Clyne had a poor game, well by the standards he's set himself this season anyway. His crossing was truly woeful.

Anyway, the rot has stopped and it's another three points towards our PL survival so well done Saints

As a footnote, I hope the person taken ill in the Chapel End is not too serious, but from where I was it didn't look good :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast