+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Six in a row!

Six in a row!

Last time we've won six in a row (in the top flight)?

re: Six in a row!

I might be mistaken. I read an article that suggested we last won 6 in a row during the 1950's.

Happy to be breaking records for the right reasons. What a difference a month or so can make.

Funny old game

Delighted! Big pat on the back for all concerned.

As far as I can tell at the end of the 1936/37 season.

3-1 v Arbroath
    4-1 v St Mirren
    4-2 v Partick
    6-0 v Dunfermline
    4-2 v Falkirk
    8-0 v Celtic

We run lifted us into fourth (on goal average), a point behind Celtic in third and ten behind champions Rangers.

Our winning run was ended with a 2-2 draw against Clyde on the opening day of the next season.

spot on, ignore my earlier post. I got it wrong.

Yes 77 years or there about's was the last time we won 6 in a row in the top flight. Well done to all concerned. Pity the ict game was postponed because it could have been 7.

Yes, quite an achievement since our cup exit. Fair play to the players and management.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    Yes 77 years or there about's was the last time we won 6 in a row in the top flight. Well done to all concerned. Pity the ict game was postponed because it could have been 7.
    It still could be ...it's only Celtic not Barcelona

How about 7

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)