+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: uwe rosler is a genius

uwe rosler is a genius

Great all round performance today. 3 goals scored and a clean sheet. I have heard uwe has introduced a fining system for the players. If they dont shoot or cross when they have a clear opportunity they get fined a small amount and I can see some truth in the rumour. We are direct in the right way now. Attacking with intelligence not just oof ball to holt. Still want more from our
    Midfield tho. Key players today where gomez browning who looks like a big star for the future and fortune who held the ball up well and got stuck in. I sit near rosler and he kicks every ball with the team and shows so much passion its refreshing to see after owen coyle.

re: uwe rosler is a genius

If i am honest I thought for large parts of the game we were very flat and didn't look convincing at all. We would get the ball and break and nobody would be supporting at all. At times Powell was just strolling along behind the attack (as were others). A few people around me commented that he didn't look interested today.

I wonder who gave the half time team talk today as Uwe spent most of the time outside. He came out and spoke to Ty Browning and then seemed to stay in the technical area

if Gomez and Beausejour are out of contract in the summer I am wondering if they will be gone by the end of the month think it will be a big mistake if we let them go

Yeah I would agree with us being jekyll and hyde today. Central midfield went missing in parts of the match and had to many players doing same job. We looked more balanced once gomez came on. Powell is starting to believe his own hype trying to do everything on his own. Once we get maloney back and macca on form powell shud be on bench as he wont be here next season.

If we had taken our chances in the first 20 minutes, the game could have been dead and buried. Gomez or Espinoza would always play for me at home as they provide something extra.

I really enjoyed the game as a spectacle, a bit like last Saturdays cup game. We do look very open in the central midfield areas though.
    I would also pick out McCann and Boozy Joe for special mentions, thought they both did well today with Mcann having to cope with that first half booking when he was bailing out errors by others,

Cental midfield is the only part of the pitch thats a concern for me. Mcarthur is off the pace at the moment and watson is a bench player at best. Mccann and Espinoza would be my choice in there. Think we will be amazing with a decent young striker up front and more balance in midfield. highlight for me was macca taking the ball off powell.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)