+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre match at City

Pre match at City

5 of us going over with one lad on driving duty. Never been City before so don't know what to expect pre match but setting off nice and early.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to get a beer?

re: Pre match at City

Around the ground there are not too many away friendly pubs. You could try the Townley as that's where I have been in the past. If you don't have colours on you could try Mary D's, all they play in there is Stone Roses, Oasis and anything of the ilk. Very home orientated though. I dont know if the Eastlands Bar is still open but I went in there a few years back and all the girls behind the bar were wearing City boob-tubes and hot pants. Nice.

City fans don't really mind us that much, so as long as you ain't a dickhead, you should be alright. The pubs mentioned above I went in without colours, but I saw people with colours on.

Quote Originally Posted by accyrover
    5 of us going over with one lad on driving duty. Never been City before so don't know what to expect pre match but setting off nice and early.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to get a beer?
    Acco me owd cocker, I shall have meanful words with the Citeh lads at work and let you know if there is anywhere new to visitors available.

What about parking , any advice anyone . I`ve heard official car parks are a tenner !

It's a bit rough round Maine Road ...

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    I remember a guy parking a Merc way there and he was told that it was a daft place to park. He had a Rotwieller in the car and arrogantly said that he was sure his car would be fine. He got back to find the back window bricked and a cat had been chucked in. It was a bit of a mess to say the least!

It certainly is.

Although if he ends up around that area then Accy's early drinky poos has seriously got out of hand and he's properly well toasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    I remember a guy parking a Merc way there and he was told that it was a daft place to park. He had a Rotwieller in the car and arrogantly said that he was sure his car would be fine. He got back to find the back window bricked and a cat had been chucked in. It was a bit of a mess to say the least![/quote]

When I heard that one it was at Anfield and the kids asked if the dog could put out fires.

I remember a guy parking a Merc way there and he was told that it was a daft place to park. He had a Rotwieller in the car and arrogantly said that he was sure his car would be fine. He got back to find the back window bricked and a cat had been chucked in. It was a bit of a mess to say the least![/quote]

When I heard that one it was at Anfield and the kids asked if the dog could put out fires.[/quote]

This one's not an urban legend, it's the real deal. I saw the aftermath and it was disgusting. The earlier bit may have been b0llocks about him parking, as I was told that bit. It was after gig Debbie's brother dragged me to on free ticket because his mate had dropped out, not a footy match. Don't think the car owner was at the gig, don't how long he'd parked up for. It was rough sh1thole though, I remembe

Ok Accers. Mary Ds is about your best bet for some scoops and as for parking, I'm told it's ok near the Chinese supermarket on Oldham Rd. There is a school near the ground too where it's a fiver to park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)