+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holt out

Holt out

To Celtic or Leeds.

re: Holt out

Don't like calling players but this guy is earning big bucks as a pro sportsman .
    Can forgive Jocky Wilson /Cliff Lazerenko as it did not matter in that game but he has been found out and being honest for me go and take the mick at somebody elses club .
    I can forgive anyone for being rubbish as I have been going for 30 years and have seen loads of average players but cannot remember many that have wasted themselves like you Mr Holt
    I know many will stick up for him but literally the first thing Uwe did was leave him at home and mentioned him in a press conference
    Application 1/10 .
    Anyway rant over off to watch some classy TV in Big Brother .

Apparently on £28k a week on a 3 year deal at the age of 32
    So over £4 mill in wages alone

What was Coyle thinking about ?

Think we will have big trouble loaning or selling on

Quote Originally Posted by Steve182
    Apparently on ?28k a week on a 3 year deal at the age of 32
    So over ?4 mill in wages alone

Not only was he an outrageously expensive addition to our wage bill
    at his age, he was never going to fit into the loan central striker role that Coyle favoured due to his absolute lack of mobility. New right back looks good though...

Quote Originally Posted by guzss
    Apparently on ?28k a week on a 3 year deal at the age of 32
    So over ?4 mill in wages alone

Not only was he an outrageously expensive addition to our wage bill
    at his age, he was never going to fit into the loan central striker role that Coyle favoured due to his absolute lack of mobility. New right back looks good though...[/quote]

fair do's to Coylster, he conned our Magestic Whelaness into parting with the dosh

To be fair to Coyle, I would wager that if you scrolled back on this board to when Holt signed that you will not find many (if any) people who thought it was a bad move
    It's easy to be wise after the event

Thats because we hadnt watched him on a regular basis and he came with a big reputation. I think he is a player who needs a lot of work as regards to training and fitness and coyle didnt give him that. He as always struggled with his weight and coyle not giving two hoots about conditioning was the worst thing that could happen to holt. hope he can get fit and gets another chance. Uwe could be best thing for holt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cb0891
    Thats because we hadnt watched him on a regular basis and he came with a big reputation. I think he is a player who needs a lot of work as regards to training and fitness and coyle didnt give him that. He as always struggled with his weight and coyle not giving two hoots about conditioning was the worst thing that could happen to holt. hope he can get fit and gets another chance. Uwe could be best thing for holt.
    We'd all seen enough of him & seen his goalscoring record over the last 5 or 6 years though to think that he would be a good signing.
    I agree that Coyle's woeful training regime hasn't helped him but people in this thread were just criticising the signing & not the seeming fall in his fitness levels.
    To be honest if Rosler is going to persist with a lone striker then I'd agree with the other poster that he will never be suitable. he is one of those old fashioned forwards who is there solely to feed on chances in the penalty

Our good friend Alan Nixon seems to think that donkey Holt is off to Villa !

Fingers crossed eh. Linky - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by LeeKoo
    Our good friend Alan Nixon seems to think that donkey Holt is off to Villa !

Fingers crossed eh. Linky

They dunt seem to impressed ont Villa boored I see you've had a little comment in there koo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)