+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four wins in five games?

re: Four wins in five games?

[quote="Rattea"]Yes but we are picking up the points all from the bottom teams. fine if we continue to do so but if we start dropping points there and not showing any improvement at the top which we are not we will drop down the table very quickly.

We need to show improvement at the top to counter any waver at the bottom. It would be phenominal to perform against teams at the bottom inthe second half of the season as we have the first (under both managers) but is that really likely to continue.

Assuming it continues, there is little room for improvement, then fine but then we would need to beat the teams we cant in the play offs!

However even a small dip in form with the lower end of the tabel teams means we will miss out all together and people will be giving the how did that happen!

So back to my original point. there is actually no evidence of improvement between each manager and the position we are in flatters to deceive. Its 'very likely' we wil

WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE RAT?
    Its as if you are only happy if we are down so you can say told you so.

Does it really matter where we get those points from? If we never win against the top three its only 18 points.

Besides if we get into the playoffs and then lose, it will still give a MASSIVE boost to the club and set a good platform to push next year ala Leicester.

If we had done that under Clough you would be hailing him as the new messiah

Why cant you be pleased we are where we are?

and before you start, YES ofcourse you are entitled to your own opinion blah blah and YES it is a debate board blah blah blah

But you are ONLY ever negative and when you are constantly like this it sucks the optimism out of others

I suppose it must be true what others say that your not a Derby supporter???????

Now, i'm not sure, but form memory our record against the top 6 under Billy wasn't too clever either.

Still went up.

The interesting thing about Rat's table is that it contains factual errors. For someone so proud of FACTS, it's hard to believe that inaccurate facts could be used by such an expert. COMEDY GOLD

Now then Rat, see of you can find your mistake(s) and correct it/them. Don't try using supermod powers to edit it either as I have a screenshot of the error strewn table.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet
    The interesting thing about Rat's table is that it contains factual errors. For someone so proud of FACTS, it's hard to believe that inaccurate facts could be used by such an expert. COMEDY GOLD

Now then Rat, see of you can find your mistake(s) and correct it/them. Don't try using supermod powers to edit it either as I have a screenshot of the error strewn table.
    Is one where we actually lost to Ipswich 4-1 under 30 minutes of Wassell managementthen beat them 3-0 under McLaren management

That wasn't one which I had noted, Smalley, but we can add it to the list...

Ask yourself this - why did we take nearly 7000 people to Barnsley when the Rat knew all along that we played that game at home?! They must have been so ****ed off to miss the game.

[quote="Sma11ytheRam"]Beardy no its not. Two points to consider.

1. The form in the bottom half of the table under both managers is 'almost' faultless. will that continue for 12 more games? Look at the bottom six we average 3 points a game. Say we lost the next to the average drops to 2.25. that would mean you need to start picking up points where we currently are not.

2. Is it better to beat say Barnsley than QPR if you consider the above? If you lose to OPR you fall behind three points more but that may not happen on the week if you do Yeovil.

FAILDale your stating facts and saying I have said things I havent yet again soo your point is moot. Might be worth waiting for one of the big boys to sit down with you and explain it to you I am using current position as the longer the season goes on the better that true position is reflected. we have covered this before. I dont care if we played Watford a few

But if we do get top 6 but our goal difference is worse than last season and we ahvent beaten a tean around us, Rat will remain conianced that things have not improved under McClaren and further more will be able to "prove" it with a nice table fille din with pretty colours!

Swale, ask yourself this - do you, or does anyone else, care what Rat thinks? He has his views, you have yours, never the twain shall meet. So why worry about his views, I know I don't. Let him obsess on your view instead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)