+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well this ain't good news is it !?

Well this ain't good news is it !?

It had to happen eventually.
    Ambitions bigger than deliverables. - view external link

re: Well this ain't good news is it !?

More posturing between Cortese & Katharina, perhaps ? Considering the original source for this information is a close contact of our Chairman, and bearing in mind the very similar press [s]manipulation[/s] reports of some 6 months ago, it would certainly tick all the boxes.

Even if there was substance behind the reports, Cortese has taken this club from -10 points at the foot of L1 to a mid-table Premier League side in 5 years - wasn't that the plan ? If he was to leave, I'd be disappointed but it wouldn't be the end of our world - if part of this was the Liebherr's selling, then new buyers and backers would be sourced (seem to recall NC saying there was no shortage of serious investors interested in the club) and Cortese's & the family's honour to ML would no doubt ensure that the club was placed in good hands..

Just on Solent - Cortese to weigh his future up over next few days because of broken promises and agreements not fulfilled by Katharina Liebherr and her representatives. Adam Blackmore understands that if Cortese walks, the Liebherr family will instruct someone to sell the club.

It's all part of the rollercoaster! I have learnt over the last 45 years to take it as it comes.

Bottom of League 1 or 9th in the Prem,
    Broke and in administration or flush with cash and buying players.

It really doesn't matter, what does matter is supporting the Saints no matter what!

SFC till I die, Cortese or not! I'm still not sure these Newbies understand, its not a business its a religion.

Adam Blackmore on Twitter: @bigadamsport Two likely outcomes to Cortese problem - he leaves, owners stick a chairman in & instruct someone to sell, or agreement signed for 2-3 yrs.

[quote=Daily Echo]Nicola Cortese is on the brink of quitting Saints.

The Daily Echo has been told that the executive chairman has suffered an irretrievable breakdown in relations with the Liebherr estate who own the club.

In addition, sources close to the top of the club have today indicated that Cortese's departure could come within a matter of days rather than at the end of the season.

The reason for the breakdown revolves around still largely unresolved issues from when Cortese almost went in the summer.

Back then an interim agreement was struck over the future of the club, and Cortese's contract, which convinced both parties to agree a deal to keep the former Swiss banker at St Marys.

Discussions over a long term strategy for the club to replace the interim agreement have been ongoing but there appears to be some way between the two parties. That is prompting Cortese to again consider his future.

The Daily Echo has been told that even if the Liebherr's agreed to all of his pl

Are there any other executives out there who could do an equal (or dare I say it, better) job?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Are there any other executives out there who could do an equal (or dare I say it, better) job?
    Take your pick from any at Pompey over the last 5 years. I think they could do a wonderful job for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    Cortese has made no secret of the fact that he would like to own the club outright..

It may well be that this latest situation is being driven by differing opinions on a valuation for the club and, longer term, could prove to be a catalyst for the Liebherr's departure, rather than Cortese's..

These things happen in most businesses. Someone who effectively runs the business and does all the work suddenly realises that the owner above them is doing nothing but raking in the money...they then suddenly think hang on...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast