+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your AOB Board...

Your AOB Board...

... seems a waste of space, nobody has posted on it this year. Now Basie has been red carded it will get even less posts. My question is do you need it, and do you want it? All the lively boards on the MAD network (ours included) thrive on being open and inclusive, with any topics welcome. What made me ask the question is that Tricky is involved in a heated debate on ours that has nothing to do with football. Me and him normally disagree on everything, but we are united on this subject. So would you prefer a lively board with a fair amount of crap on it, or a quiet board where only Derby or Notts topics get any real action?

I realise this should have been posted on the AOB board, but if it was it would have got 3 views!

re: Your AOB Board...

To be fair EP, I think our AOB, is a good place.
    The heated debate as you call it, doesn't please everyone. I will argue till the cows come home for fairness, but only with those that want a debate.Some Forest and Derby fans and Yours I suppose don't like "visitors". They also only want to talk about their team. Bit narrow minded for me.
    Trouble here is, probably the age gap between our sites. Yours has a higher proportion of aged posters with different antiquainted views.
    Also, I may argue with you EP, but it is fun and I respect you for that.
    PS- you forgot to mention the united anti Basie front. lol

what did basie do??
    how the mighty have fallen lol, this time last year he went on a red card rampage like some sort of dictator.
    can only assume karma has caught up

Quote Originally Posted by matreddog
    what did basie do??
    how the mighty have fallen lol, this time last year he went on a red card rampage like some sort of dictator.
    can only assume karma has caught up
    Personally I'm not in favour of a long term ban. I think he should be re-admitted. Maybe over the weekend I'll make a post on it in the AOB.

Talking about the AOB, the simple reason that it's gone quiet is because there's a lot of footy going on. The transfer window is the catalyst for it.
    So we're all focussed on footy topics in the main forum.
    But hey this is a footy forum after all, ain't it.

We can however excuse County fans, the football is not great, perfectly matching the club, hence the abundance of other topics.

Heck if Forest ever dished out the dross served down the Lane with alarming regularity, I'm sure I'd be flooding the AOB with all things non-Forest.

Btw EP, what's on the menu this Saturday down at the Lane (if you

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Btw EP, what's on the menu this Saturday down at the Lane (if you have a home game)?

90 mins of mindless passing, peppered with habitual mistakes resulting in goal-mouth panic followed by the inevitable defeat?

Or will it be the usual, just lying down and dying, as the opposition wreck havoc? The only hope being they get bored after going 2 goals ahead, and realise it's no bother going for third, since County could play until next week and never be able to recover.

If that's a 'fishing' post, it's a fail. If you're serious, it's worse.

Here's a little quiz question for you: Which Nottingham club has seen the most home goals per game this season?

Is it Premiership bound Forest or relegation certainties Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    Btw EP, what's on the menu this Saturday down at the Lane (if you have a home game)?

90 mins of mindless passing, peppered with habitual mistakes resulting in goal-mouth panic followed by the inevitable defeat?

Or will it be the usual, just lying down and dying, as the opposition wreck havoc? The only hope being they get bored after going 2 goals ahead, and realise it's no bother going for third, since County could play until next week and never be able to recover.

Here's a little quiz question for you: Which Nottingham club has seen the most home goals per game this season?

Is it Premiership bound Forest or relegation certainties Notts?[/quote]

Here's a question for your quiz?

Was there any reference about goalscoring in the earlier question?

Panic, mistakes, goalmouth scrambles, inevitable defeat, lyin

Btw, I've decided to break the ice and make a post about Notts on AOB. Do humour me with a reply.

Come to think of it, there's already been a few posts since the NY. Perhaps there's some issue with how the forum loads - people can't access it, or simply no new post is shown in the header meaning no one thinks new posts have been added.

I've even forgotten about my post marking Jan 5th - Clough's arrival in 1975, until you mentioned AOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

Was there any reference about goalscoring in the earlier question?

Panic, mistakes,

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

Was there any reference about goalsco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast