+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next up - Celtic

Next up - Celtic

Will this be another fruitless trek to Parkhead? Can we buck the trend and score a goal? - view external link

re: Next up - Celtic

Yes, no, next!

Not expecting we'll hit the net myself ! Just don't want us to lie down and greet like a puppy dog.

The usual humping on the cards tomorrow, nothing surer. The only question is how many will Celtic score but that'll be down to their mindset on the day. As for us, we haven't won at Parkhead since April 2008, haven't taken anything there since October 2009 and our last goal there was in April 2010...all of which will still be the case come 5pm tomorrow.

The unbeaten run has been great while it lasted but it will end tomorrow because we just don't have what it takes, either in ability or mindset to go there and get any sort of result, infact we'll probably not even have a single shot on goal. But hey, none of that will matter cos McCall will tell us that Celtic are phenomenal and no one can live with them in that form.

5-0 to them. Again.

As has been said on here many a time, SM needs to stop telling our players what a wonderful team they're playing, and just let them get stuck in.
    Quite why we're the only team in the league who can't play them on a level is beyond me.
    How did Morton win there? Not by lying down!
    Blow smoke up your own ar$e Stuart not up the wee ginger fuud.

McCall will never learn when it comes to actually having to step up and show a bit of fire in the bellies and bottle. His approach and mindset to these games appears to be get in and out with anything less than a three goal defeat being 'respectable'. When you hear his post and pre match comments then it's no wonder the players are never fired up for these types of games.

I'd love to be proved wrong about tomorrow but I won't be.

We'll you were sure we would get beat last week and we never and I don't expect us to get hammered tomorrow so hopefully you will be wrong again.I don't expect us to win but if we play with the confidence we have had the last 6 games you never know although a small defeat is more likely.

I don't think we will get beat some ones gona do them over as they started this were gona win all the games sh--t and the last time they said that ges what we beat them at the tattie fields

If we are to achieve anything today we have to have players like Anier and Ainsworth who can run and offer our defenders an outball.

The central midfielders and full backs have a habit of disappearing in these games at Parkhead. Lads like Lasley, Carswell, Lawson, Hammell and whoever plays right back have to stick their chins out and protect our central defence and goalie. No free shots on goal, silly free kicks or corners for Celtic please.

Team Line Up:

Nielsen, Hammell, Hutchinson, McManus, McFadden, Sutton, Vigurs, Lasley, Francis-Angol, Carswell, Ainsworth Subs: Stewart, Lawson, Kerr, Moore, Murray, Anier, Leitch

Interesting no Anier or Kerr. Who will play RB? Sutton up front on his own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)