+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forrest, Mountford

re: Forrest, Mountford

Gerry Forrest is my favourite Miller of all time, the guy was just sheer class.
    If he'd have gone to a bigger club than Southampton, i'm certain he'd have played for England.

Two of my all time favourite Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974
    Forrest once posted on here a couple of years ago and got shot down because they thought it was a multi..stocktonmiller he posted as..!..
    Was he banned? He posted and was great with answering questions. He asked loads about the new ground and how things were going. Poster/ees were convinced that he was genuine.

After he logged off a multi logged on changing a letter in the which was obvious due to the numer of posts he'd had so I banned it. After that he posted again within hours but I haven't seen his user.

I beleive he was called Stocktontomillers or stocktontomillmoor.

He'll post again for info before the visit

Gerry and Ray were true Pros when Football was still a Mans Game!

Gerry just loved to go down that right wing and attack, but he couldn't half defend as well, was he a frustrated Winger playing at Right Back?

Quote Originally Posted by bradthemiller
    Gerry Forrest is my favourite Miller of all time, the guy was just sheer class.
    If he'd have gone to a bigger club than Southampton, i'm certain he'd have played for England.
    Sorry, but this argument just doesn't hold water.
    Southampton when Gerry Forest joined them were very far from being an unfashionable club. They probably had more past, present and future internationals in their squad than any other First Division club. In 1987 for example, Forrest's team mates included David Armstrong, Jimmy Case, Mark Dennis, Tom Flowers, Nick Holmes, Matt Le Tissier, Peter Shilton, Andy Townsend, Danny Wallace and Mark Wright.

Gerry's problem (leaving aside the question of whether he was ever good enough to play for England) was that he didn't break into "the big time" until he was 28.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12