+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who's Your Current Favourite Player (Worldwide)?

Who's Your Current Favourite Player (Worldwide)?

My favourite Forest player now is Cohen, but with his injury the mantle passes to Karl Darlow. I think the lad's done well, not gotten in over his head, does his best each time. Sure he makes the occasional mistake but overall it's his consistency that wins the day. A goalie has to pick the crosses, make the routine saves, impose his presence and be situationally aware. I think he does all that.

But neither is on the list as my favourite player in the world -the one player I think is worth admission ticket alone, or to stay up late to watch him play.

It's shocking that 6 years ago, if you mentioned him to me, I would say - No way - can't stand him. He's probably a faggot and all things negative just to spite him. Perhaps because he played for Man Utd, that caused the grief. But that said, the way he responded in that season scoring 42 goals or so, and leading United to the CL/League Double, despite the all the negativity from haters and away fans, brushed it all aside and turned in

re: Who's Your Current Favourite Player (Worldwide)?

My current favourite forest player is probably chris Cohen like yours with notable mentions for reidy and radi.

Forest players I've seen live would be bohinen, collymore and psycho.

Worldwide players seen live, iniesta and zlatan as well as messi and seedorf.

Of all time I would have to say Henry is someone who had everything but there is only one Ronaldo in my opinion and he is the Brazilian one.

Get the ball, turn towards the goal and get there with pace balance and strength. Surprisingly little diving from him as well

the player i like watching the most therefor i would say he is my favourite player at the moment is sergio aguero.hes got pace,strength and an incredible amount of balance when running with the ball.he also knows where the net is and is an incredible finisher.

Great post!

Current favourite Forest player - Reidy by a distance.

Favourite Forest player of all time and one of the best I've ever seen live - Stan Collymore.

Favourite player of all time - Zidane

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    the player i like watching the most therefor i would say he is my favourite player at the moment is sergio aguero.hes got pace,strength and an incredible amount of balance when running with the ball.he also knows where the net is and is an incredible finisher.
    Yeah you are right. Maybe those are the qualities football fans really like to see.

I would say Suarez fits that mould as well although his diving etc can get in the way. That said, we've seen less of that recently.

Him and aguero are technically the best in the prem.

Ronaldo, got a face you want to smash in, but bloody hell can that lad play football.

Maradona- the things that man could do with a football. When Pearce makes comments about strength and difficulty to hussle off the ball, I take note. Pity he's such a horrible human being.

Kylie ran him close. Good ball control, excellent curves and always guaranteed to provide a stiff encounter.

Favourite forest all time player,,Stan collymore,
    Fave current player,,Chris Cohen
    Favourite world player of all time,,messi,,English,,gasgoine
    Fave current world player,,Luis Suarez,,.

The one I'm thinking of goes back a bit.Ferenc Puskas of the Magyar Marvels who made Andy Reid look like Twiggy. His side slaughtered England and made a whole generation of English footballers including me discard their football boots in favour of the lighter weight continental style.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Mouss17
    My current favourite forest player is probably chris Cohen like yours with notable mentions for reidy and radi.

Forest players I've seen live would be bohinen, collymore and psycho.

Worldwide players seen live, iniesta and zlatan as well as messi and seedorf.

Of all time I would have to say Henry is someone who had everything but there is only one Ronaldo in my opinion and he is the Brazilian one.

Get the ball, turn towards the goal and get there with pace balance and strength. Surprisingly little diving from him as well
    Yeah I forgot about Il Phenomeno. He was a joint favourite with Maldini circa 2002-2006.

Just give the man the ball and he'll put the whole defence under the kosh.