+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do Notts fans think of Forest (and their fans)?

re: What do Notts fans think of Forest (and their fans)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hells_Reject
    You appear to have not replied to the other comment. Any reason?

Yes there was a reason. The reason was that I hadn't read it. I presume you mean Basie's (oops, RedOno's) comment, which was:

Quote Originally Posted by RedOno
    The fact that we have a fan base four or five times the size of yours is precisely because we have achieved everytrhing and you nothing. I can remember when your gates used to shade ours by a few thousand so explain the turnaround if it's not due to achievement.

I agree, the fact your fanbase is much larger than ours is due to achievement. You've won far more than we have, but that's in the distant past. You owe your crowds to Clough and the knock-on benefits that have been passed on through generations. I've never subscribed to this 'bigger and more successful = better fans' though. I have more respect for a diehard Rochdale or Bury fan than a fan of the Manchester clubs on the

So you answer me this one H_R.

How can you claim apathy towards Notts County when you've been camped on our board all day?

You appear unwilling to reply to the above H_R. Any reason?

Well EP you wanted some topics on our AOB, happy to oblige.

But then again, we do have lots of other club's fans who just keep coming here due to various inadequacies with their respective clubs.

We understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

How can you claim apathy towards Notts County when you've been camped on our board all day?
    Simple really, boredom so went on NCM to have a laugh at your expense

have a real soft spot for notts as my grandad is a lifelong fan and if it hadnt been for my dad and uncles dragging me off to see forest in 1975 then id probably have been a pie fan, i always look out for their result and id actually like to see notts derby leicester and forest in the prem.

also i was one of thousands of forest fans who chipped in to help ensure the survival of the oldest football club.
    we do also bung them the odd quality loan signing thats mutually beneficial.

Simple really, boredom so went on NCM to have a laugh at your expense[/quote]

Oh yeah, that one The laugh at our expense where you always end up making yourself look a tit?

You don't seem to have worked out that being condescending, arrogant and patronising are seen by most as pretty unattractive characteristics for a person to have. You obviously think they make you look big and hard, but any normal person will see you as pathetic and just a little bit sad. Keep 'em coming by all means, we enjoy a laugh.

Oh yeah, that one The laugh at our expense where you always end up making yourself look a tit?

You don't seem to have worked out that being condescending, arrogant and patronising are seen by most as pretty unattractive characteristics for a person to have. You obviously think they make you look big and hard, but any normal person will see you as pathetic and just a little bit sad. Keep 'em coming by all means, we enjoy a laugh.
    Let me play English teacher here and I'm afraid I'm only going to mark you 6/10 for that post EP.

Some good use of adverbs and so on, but interspersed with slang, kinds of takes out the sting of your post.

You attack him but then seem to realise that perhaps you're playing into his hands, and try to make light of it in the end.

Try harder next time!

Maybe we could team up and offer lessons on English grammar, writing and constructive criticism!

Simple really, boredom so went on NCM to have a laugh at your expense[/quote]

You don't seem to have worked out that being condescending, arrogant and patronising are seen by most as pretty unattractive characteristics for a person to have. You obviously think they make you look big and hard, but any normal person will see you as pathetic and just a little bit sad. Keep 'em coming by all means, we enjoy a laugh.[/quote]

My sense of humour is purely for my benefit and it is inconsequential if others get it or not.

Normal people ? You mean like the fans on NCM who believe that referees have been instructed not give

Normal people ? You mean like the fans on NCM who believe that referees have been instructed not give Notts County anything because of the Munto promotion

No, I mean normal people like the vast majority who have told the person who offered that opinion that he's talking rubbish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast