+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do Notts fans think of Forest (and their fans)?

What do Notts fans think of Forest (and their fans)?

Always kinda intrigued me;

Yeah we are city rivals, but we've hardly played each other regularly, each having different fortunes.

Yeah I poke fun at Notts as times, but really got nothing against them, they are just another club in most cases.

The only special exceptions are their being the oldest club and the Juve link. That's something neat and I won't begrudge them that.

Perhaps I wouldn't even mind seeing them up in the highest division again or becoming a force we would have to reckon with.

What I don't understand is how some of their fans seem to hate us. We are no threat to them. At administrative level there seems no issue. Perhaps I can accept, some hate us because of our fans, although I think most do it in banter.

But perhaps the banter and mocking can only go so far, before it hits home, due to Nott's lack of success. So hatred, ill-will and jealousy set in. Fair enough.

But what's puzzling is how some of these anti-Forest fans, seem to welcome Derby fans with open

re: What do Notts fans think of Forest (and their fans)?

What do I think of Forest? I hate the club with a passion.

What do I think of Forest fans? The same as all footy fans, a mixture of good, bad and average. I have had many arguments on our board with Notts fans, a few of them actually hate me more than salop, Gareth etc do on here! I often insult Forest fans as a group in banter-style, but really I would be just as likely to enjoy a pint with a Forest fan as a Notts fan. My sister, my eldest daughter's fiance and my regular squash partner are reds, I get on with all really well. I realised long ago that footy fans are basically the same whatever colours they wear.

You're probably right about Derby, the main reason I like them is that they hate Forest. Although when you consider they play in black and white and they're called County, what's not to like?

Is it possible to support both clubs? I do so there ? In earlier times I used to watch both sides on alternate Saturdays with a bunch of workmates,but that was the time when football was affordable. At that time our local rivals was Leicester, but there was no aminosity, that came when Brian Clough tried to take over John Carey's 66 side.

Easy really- green eyed monster.

Notts fans know, that their club can never grow unless
    1. Forest weren't there
    2.A sugar daddy buys them

Times have changed. Footy is no longer the working mans past time and Nottingham cannot support two clubs so close together.
    Their club is ****e, so loads take their pleasure when Forest fail.

Most Forest fans regard them as an annoying little brother, or a **** fly after your sandwich.

I think Nottingham can support two clubs and long may they do so. I don't think it would take much for Notts County to become top club. If they had a decent side in the Championship when Gary Megson was taking us towards Division 2 it could have happened then, but they didn't have. I can't any other window of opportunity in the near future, but who knows if Shaun Derry can get his act together and Forest fall apart like Notts County do most of the time.

Easy really

We treat them with pure condescension and apathy.

They hate us with a total vengeance full of bitterness and jealousy.

well I for one dont "hate" Forest or Forest fans(even tho they may be misguided!)so its unfair to tar us all with the same brush. If Forest lose its " shame... whats for tea?". If Notts lose its "s**t... I'm not hungry now!" (its how I stay so slim!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hells_Reject

Which is a source of considerable amusement to most of us! You have a fanbase 4 or 5 times the size of ours, you have spent millions over the last decade, and you've achieved... absolutely nothing. The fact that you yourself choose to be condescending merely highlights your inadequacies as a person rather than insulting us.

The apathy thing is even funnier coming from you! You care about us soooo little that you have spent the day posting on our board!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

Which is a source of considerable amusement to most of us! You have a fanbase 4 or 5 times the size of ours, you have spent millions over the last decade, and you've achieved... absolutely nothing. The fact that you yourself choose to be condescending merely highlights your inadequacies as a person rather than insulting us.

The apathy thing is even funnier coming from you! You care about us soooo little that you have spent the day posting on our board![/quote]

The fact that we have a fan base four or five times the size of yours is precisely because we have achieved everytrhing and you nothing. I can remember when your gates used to shade ours by a few thousand so explain the turnaround if it's not due to achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

The apathy thing is even funnier coming from you! You care about us soooo little that you have spent the day posting on our board![/quote]

You appear to have not replied to the other comment. Any reason?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast