+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: emt with fawaz

emt with fawaz

Fawaz will be on emt at 6.30 talking about Hobbs and about this transfer window.

re: emt with fawaz

Yep seen it mate. On twitter as well.

Natalie Jackson
    @NatJacksonsport
    On @bbcemt at 1830 on BBC1 an exclusive interview with #nffc owner @fawaz_alhasawi1. He says he hopes to bring up to 3 players in this Jan.

Negotiations Ongoing
    Posted: Fri 17 Jan 2014
    Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi has revealed negotiations with potential new signings are underway.
    The subject of transfers was high on the agenda when Mr Al Hasawi met with manager Billy Davies earlier today and the Reds chairman told Forest Player the club has a number of targets on its radar.

Mr Al Hasawi said: a??We have four of five players in mind, from which we will choose two or three. The manager will decide because it is his team and he knows exactly which positions he wants to strengthen. We are working hard on it.

a??We are negotiating with playersa?? agents and I hope everybody will be pleased come the end of the month.

a??I am positive for the future. We are trying so hard to reach the Premier League this season. If not, wea??ll try again next year.a??

The chairman also confirmed his success in negotiating a deal which he says will keep Jack Hobbs at The City Ground until at least the en

Its a shame he feels that he has to go on tv to talk about this sort of stuff.its alot to do with the inpatient fans barking orders at him all the time.he has to go on tv just to stop them stalking him on twitter telling him who he should or shouldn't buy.i have total faith in him and what he's doing.if we don't bring anyone in its time for the players we have to roll there sleeves up and get stuck in,this team we have at the moment could win promotion without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    We are trying so hard to reach the Premier League this season. If not, we'll try again next year.

I didn't see the interview as I was busy polishing my fridge magnets, but I am intrigued by the above statement. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it FFP rules become much stricter next season. If you don't get within the limits (and you are way over at the moment) you will be under a transfer embargo from 2015 until your spending is in order. Given the length and amount of some contracts, this won't happen quickly. He really does need to splash the cash this transfer window because if you don't go up you could be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    We are trying so hard to reach the Premier League this season. If not, we'll try again next year.

I didn't see the interview as I was busy polishing my fridge magnets, but I am intrigued by the above statement. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it FFP rules become much stricter next season. If you don't get within the limits (and you are way over at the moment) you will be under a transfer embargo from 2015 until your spending is in order. Given the length and amount of some contracts, this won't happen quickly. He really does need to splash the cash this transfer window because if you don't go up you could be in trouble.[/quote]

Due to your obvious deep inside knowledge of FFP rules and your statement that that we are currently way over the limit.

Can you please be more specific about the amount we are way over by?

Great interview by Fawaz and has pr

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_ForestMad
    Its a shame he feels that he has to go on tv to talk about this sort of stuff.its alot to do with the inpatient fans barking orders at him all the time.he has to go on tv just to stop them stalking him on twitter telling him who he should or shouldn't buy.i have total faith in him and what he's doing.if we don't bring anyone in its time for the players we have to roll there sleeves up and get stuck in,this team we have at the moment could win promotion without a doubt

That's a "Like" Polish!

Quote Originally Posted by dazzared60
    Due to your obvious deep inside knowledge of FFP rules and your statement that that we are currently way over the limit.

It wasn't my statement, it was a statement made by Chipperfield and Fray on Radio Red a couple of weeks ago in the pre-match bit. I put a link on here but it seems they only last for 7 days so I can't let you all hear what they said. I put the link up for es***, maybe he can confirm what they (not me) said.

See posts 23-28 on the link. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie

It wasn't my statement, it was a statement made by Chipperfield and Fray on Radio Red a couple of weeks ago in the pre-match bit. I put a link on here but it seems they only last for 7 days so I can't let you all hear what they said. I put the link up for es***, maybe he can confirm what they (not me) said.

See posts 23-28 on the link.[/quote]

You`re so kind and helpful Elite