+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swindon?

re: Swindon?

ooo just remembered 007 author, Ian Flemming, is buried on the outslkirts in a humble grave in Stanton Fitzwarren - sounds posh dunnit? It is

That reminds me,i haven't visited the Swindon railway museum yet,i will add that to my "to do" list immediately ..

Some cracking posts by Gaz and Laz about Swindon in the old days, brilliant to look back at yesteryear, well done lads

Thanks for the mention Gaz!!

Originally lived in North London until my parents moved to Swindon when my father joined the GWR, when I was around 3. Had a French grandmother and Spanish great grandmother. Lived in Swindon ever since except for 15 years after School when I worked and lived in Derby. Both kids were born in Derby but have stayed in Swindon.

Portillo's railway jouneys do reveal some amazing fact's about railway town's, well worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by callumbustop

Originally lived in North London until my parents moved to Swindon when my father joined the GWR, when I was around 3. Had a French grandmother and Spanish great grandmother. Lived in Swindon ever since except for 15 years after School when I worked and lived in Derby. Both kids were born in Derby but have stayed in Swindon.
    Hi wroughton, nice to see you back on here again

No doubt after reading this you will be Rammy's best mate, but he will want to know why you dont support the Rams instead of the Robins?

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat

Hi wroughton, nice to see you back on here again

No doubt after reading this you will be Rammy's best mate, but he will want to know why you dont support the Rams instead of the Robins?[/quote]

Hi Lazaat hope you are well. I certainly did watch Derby when I was working there but my heart never strayed from Swindon and particularly pleasing when we got a draw at the Baseball ground and the win at home in the replay in our League Cup winning year!! Some brilliant times though when Cloughie was in charge and the likes of Macfarlan

Rammy will love reading that. The 2 of us went down to the new Derby ground recently to watch Derby v Leeds, afterward Rammy took me to where the old Baseball Ground used to be, it is now just a park with some new houses and Rammy was telling me how the ground was laid out in relation to the park and new houses. I unfortunately never went to the Baseball Ground and i am annoyed now that i didnt, but it was sad looking at new houses where once a famous old football ground stood!

Some photos i took below:

Sorry the photos are side ways but i cant seem to rotate them.

Cheers wroughton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12