+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Signs of change

Signs of change

Pleased wi that today. A lot more structure, width, and some good performances from players I'd wrote off. Well done Danny n the boys, that's more like it

re: Signs of change

Just got back in now from the match...

Excellent performance from the lads, very impressed, everyone put a decent shift in and Jennings especially impressed me today - he ran his bag off for the whole 90 mins - well done lad.

Glad to see O'Brien in the middle and working well - him and Dawson seemed to control the middle for most of the game.

Blackpool did not look arsed today at - we deserved all 3 points and I hope this result is a sign of good things to come - keep it up Danny!

The thing that pleased me most today...pace. We havent played with any pace for a long time. Credit has to go to Danny for adressing this problem. He saw straight away we lacked it, and brought in Shea and gave Jennings his chance. These two had fantastic energy up and down the wings. Jennings looked more like the lad that played for Tranmere, he was my mom. Ogrady, obrien, dawson had his best game all season for me. Theres still a lot of work to do, we lacked a bit of quality, but u cant fault the effort and graft today.

Finally, ive never been a big fan of Kennedy, hes been garbage, but credit where its due he had probably the best game ive seen him play today. Well done Tom

3 points and another 10 wins required, we would have lost this game two weeks ago. Steele had more saves to make than the Pool keeper so we do not get carried away yet, Pool had 5 money forwards on to perm (on paper they should have seen us off) so our defence as come on leaps and bounds. No match next week so it gives them more time to get to know each other. The daft lad has cost us this season by not putting Jennings in the side and not addressing the problem area's and I hope it is not too late for Danny to fix. On yesterday's showing I think we have a good chance and although the other teams around us won the mini league as gone from 5 to 8 teams and the safe mid table teams will be looking over their shoulders and thinking. Best atmosphere at a game this season and I hope "don't worry about a thing" is replaced by "IT'S JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL" it's more of a Tarn song I think.

Rather than "signs of change" I was going to express it as "a different feel".

The side looked physically bigger today.

I was really chuffed with the win as I believe the differences between old and new aren't that great and not much was needed to tip the balance in our favour. So getting the win was crucial for this new group.

I've been saying all season that blackpool aren't much better than us but unfortunately for us they have 12 more points on the board.
    They weren't really that much of a threat until we sat back for the last 10 minutes.
    Our guys looked out on their feet for the most part towards the end and it could have gone against us if they had managed to sneak 1 it would have been really nervy and a draw was then on the cards and not what we deserved.

I was most impressed by McLaughlin.
    He seemed incredibly confident and wasn't going to allow himself to be bullied and got stuck in.

Blackpool seemed a team of spoilers and a few challenges went by without the ref even spo

Quote Originally Posted by droppedafeargal
    The thing that pleased me most today...pace. We havent played with any pace for a long time. Credit has to go to Danny for adressing this problem. He saw straight away we lacked it, and brought in Shea and gave Jennings his chance. These two had fantastic energy up and down the wings. Jennings looked more like the lad that played for Tranmere, he was my mom. Ogrady, obrien, dawson had his best game all season for me. Theres still a lot of work to do, we lacked a bit of quality, but u cant fault the effort and graft today.

Finally, ive never been a big fan of Kennedy, hes been garbage, but credit where its due he had probably the best game ive seen him play today. Well done Tom
    Absolutely agree there Feargal, especially about Kennedy. I too am one of his biggest critics but as you say credit where its due, he had a good game yesterday, if he can continue that form then perhaps there is a future here for him (not getting carr

Pressed the like button 4Digit.

Were undefeated in the league this year.

7 wins, 7 draws, 7 defeats will get us 48 points (probably enough this season) to stay up.

As Danny says we are in there fighting.

I think we want at lest 50 points as our main rivals Yeovil, Donny, Wendy ect, are all winning it's going to be harder than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers
    I think we want at lest 50 points as our main rivals Yeovil, Donny, Wendy ect, are all winning it's going to be harder than last season.
    have to disagree...i think forty odd points will be enough. imo this div isnt as good as last season. There will be more teams involved in the relegation scrap i think, bolton, blacky n charlton could be dragged into it with millwall, yeovil, donny n windy. Look at how garbage weve been all season n yet were only four points off safety. remarkable really