+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stenson

Stenson

We did not 'hound out' Nigel Doughty.
    The man had a mind of his own and decided to jack it in after Derby won at the City Ground - he probably realised that sacking Davies and hiring Brolly was the latest in a line of stupid decisions .

You and 'Bear' pontificating about what 'we' did to him leaves me incredulous. No one's going to say it on your board for fear of a ban but I will on here.
    'You're going down with a chairman in a box_'

Remember this? The 'chairman' who was Bamford's godfather!
    Excuse me whilst I vomit you ****ing hypocrite.

re: Stenson

Quote Originally Posted by dam617
    You and 'Bear' pontificating about what 'we' did to him leaves me incredulous.

Why? There was some pretty nasty stuff aimed at Doughty on here (and worse elsewhere), that much is undeniable. Doughty was a true fan who made some poor decisions, still no excuse for the vitriol he got from some Forest fans.

I concur. Funny really, how we are all branded for ousting a chairman, yet if you want a dodgy chairman and relief from hounding supporters, cast the net back.
    Ironically, he was the one who saved Derby from folding. - view external link

you can't help yourself elite can you ? anything to have a go at forest fans. contrary to what you say most fans appreciate nigel d's efforts. he was a great fan and benefactor. i believe he was for many years ill advised and eventually lost the will to continue with his beloved forest. many forest fans realised this and were vocal in their criticism...the forest fans were not perfect ! unlike those legions of perfection across the river. for this we must seek your forgiveness...sorrrrrrrry !

What? My reply was to the bloke who stated that Derby accusations of what you 'did' to Doughty leaves him incredulous. Of course it wasn't all Forest fans, but have you already forgotten the anti-Doughty protests? And it's your suggestion that Notts fans are perfect not mine. Some of our fans have been pretty nasty to our owner, who has also made some poor decisions. Some people go too far, which is what the original post seemed to be ignoring.

no we haven't forgotten the anti doughty protests...all clubs do this at some stage...whether misguided or misinformed or just malicious but it happens. you, personally do seem to relish a dig against us. we are not perfect we are fans only wanting the best for our team. get on with supporting YOUR team and leave us to doing the same with ours. good luck to all the teams in this shire.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred
    no we haven't forgotten the anto doughty protests...all cluns do this at some stage...whether misguided or misinformed or just malicious but it happens. you, personally do seem to relish a dig against us. we are not perfect we are fans only wanting the best for our team. get on with supporting YOUR team and leave us to doing the same with ours. good luck to all the teams in this shire.
    You're going to get spanked for punctuation and spelling, ner ner, na ner ner.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    You're going to get spanked for punctuation and spelling, ner ner, na ner ner.

Come on Tricky, you know I resigned as official spellchecker a while ago due to the huge workload.

Anyway, Anto Doughty might be his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred
    you can't help yourself elite can you ? anything to have a go at forest fans. contrary to what you say most fans appreciate nigel d's efforts. he was a great fan and benefactor. i believe he was for many years ill advised and eventually lost the will to continue with his beloved forest. many forest fans realised this and were vocal in their criticism...the forest fans were not perfect ! unlike those legions of perfection across the river. for this we must seek your forgiveness...sorrrrrrrry !

This ^^^^^^^^

It's not worth arguing all night with him. After 3 pages of posts he'll decide he's right.
    Tonight, I have better things to do like watch Manning in the AFC championship game.

God this thread stinks

First off all there were many Forest fans who did not agree with ND,s methods, SO WHAT !!!!! all fans are entitled to there opinions, not once did i hear a fan saying they wanted him dead !

If he was still alive today i am sure them same fans would be slagging him off.

I dont understand that when someone unfortunately passes away, that every one suddenly decides to find reasons to change there initial thoughts.

the fact is that yes a lot of fans wanted him out, but none of them wanted him hurt or dead.