+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boycott games?

Boycott games?

Do you think it's time to start boycotting the games now?
    Or if we attend.. Get the Sam out banners on view?

I can't stand this anymore, how are we building on last seasons top 10 finish??

We have in no paricular order:

a manager who's hearts not in it and wants the pay off
    a manager with no tactical ability
    a team that can't stay fit
    chairmen that talk utter dribble
    chairman who can't afford to sack the manager
    chairmancan't afford to sign any players
    players not attracted to us anymore and who can blame them
    a pony scouting network
    a work permit granted for a player who has now gone Everton

Is this seriously all happening or am I on some sick twisted nightmare that I'm unabl to wake from??

Anyone going to them game Tuesday to pay that sort of money for a game in a cup were already out of and to watch the poor excuse for football needs their heads tested!

It's clear as day to see how this is all going to end up for us and when the inevitable happens, I'm going to find it ha

re: Boycott games?

Season ticket holders cant really boycott home games though.

Yes we can just fail to turn up but that would achieve nothing. Our ticket is already paid for so the only people losing out would be us.

I hate what is going on right now but i still want to go and watch West Ham at the Boleyn and give my full suport.

Btw the attendancies are actually down and many of the long term awaydayers are no longer going.

As for the 2nd leg, the only season ticket holder going where i sit is going because and i quote "i want to watch City's best players, might be the last chance i get if we go down"

Sad.

I see what your saying , but I can't see enough fans boycotting games to make that much difference tbh ( not this season ).

Also with the banner thing , the 2 D's must already know the fans feelings on the manager by now , the trouble is , they don't want to spend out with relegation possible.

They also believe he is the only manager that can get us promotion at first time of asking. You know like we almost did last time !

PS forgot to add that any kinf of banner unvailed at the games would be confiscated right away by the stewards.

Seen that plenty of times and most have been banners suporting the club.

it was hard work getting people behind the brown out campaign and the apathy in 2014 is ten fold

some will stay away, some will go regardless of anything but a concerted campaign to stay away in my view just won't work and some supporters will slate you for it

do what you need to do

what will worry brady more than the support level is how corporate will be viewing WHUFC as we start to try to get them into stratford in two years time, rather than them taking their clients tp the emirates or chelski - fu(king good luck with that one girl - more chance of allardyce becoming a weight watchers icon

Quote Originally Posted by WHU

what will worry brady more than the support level is how corporate will be viewing WHUFC as we start to try to get them into stratford in two years time, rather than them taking their clients tp the emirates or chelski - fu(king good luck with that one girl -

That's the most perceptive point anyone's made on here in quite a while.

The stadium move is less about filling the stadium with 55,000 fans and more about attracting corporate from the banks in the Docklands.

Even Allardyce's biggest fans will surely admit that we need entertainment and good players to attract the corporate deals necessary to make the move work.

Morgan Stanley ain't gonna spend big money to take their clients to see Kevin Nolan & Matt Jarvis ffs.

absolutely mate and as you probably know, when the gooners moved from highbury to emirates, their corporate middle tier from day one took more money than the whole of highbury on a full house match day

to think this stuff isn't on the agenda of the whufc board would be foolish and it has been a little light at the end of the tunnel for people like me who badly want this manager gone

Quote Originally Posted by WHU
    absolutely mate and as you probably know, when the gooners moved from highbury to emirates, their corporate middle tier from day one took more money than the whole of highbury on a full house match day

to think this stuff isn't on the agenda of the whufc board would be foolish and it has been a little light at the end of the tunnel for people like me who badly want this manager gone
    True enough but the 3 stooges will still stick with him. Another poster said it was a case of hating to be proved wrong and I agree with that.

And if we go down I genuinely think they'll regard him as the best man to get us back up as he did it before.

So, the thing you do when the team is struggling is not turn up...

Sounds a lot like a cockney red to me, which is the anti-thesis of being a West Ham fan.

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggerts_Ears
    So, the thing you do when the team is struggling is not turn up...

Sounds a lot like a cockney red to me, which is the anti-thesis of being a West Ham fan.

Not for me.
    Nor me...I support the club whoever is in charge and whoever is on the pitch...that's my choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)