+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deciphering the mixed messages

Deciphering the mixed messages

David Sullivan when asked when Sam Alladyce would be dismissed by a member of West Ham supporters club, after the 6-0 semi final first leg, conceded "West Ham do not have the 4M to payout"

So the club West Ham Plc, do not have the money. So by that rationale,does it mean that the club West Ham Plc, do not have the money for player aquisition. Perhaps it does.

This might be borne out, by an earler David Gold comment. He stated that the "owners" had no more personal funds to spend on the club.

On the other hand, the Cobra was awarded a 40K 18 month contract.

Now we have the bizarre quote reported in the print media and broadcast on the BBC yesterday
    "It's not about performance,it's about results"

This was not Tony Pulis after Crystal Palace had beaten Stoke 1-0 in a dour grinding match.

This was Sam Allardyce after losing 1-3 at home.
    To attribute result as an emphasis after losing 1-3 at home,5-0 in the F.A.Cup against a lower division team and 6-0 in a first leg semi-final,
    is a

re: Deciphering the mixed messages

I gave up trying to figure out what Sullivan was saying a matter of days after he bought the club.

Rather than try to spend time deciphering the mixed messages as you put it, I listen carefully to every word that comes out of his mouth-----and then assume the exact opposite to be the truth of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskyman
    I gave up trying to figure out what Sullivan was saying a matter of days after he bought the club.

Rather than try to spend time deciphering the mixed messages as you put it, I listen carefully to every word that comes out of his mouth-----and then assume the exact opposite to be the truth of the matter.
    As someone said on a post a few weeks ago..you always tell when hes lying..his lips move !!!!

The accuracy of those last two posts is like a nine dart finish...

Quote Originally Posted by KetterinHammer

As someone said on a post a few weeks ago..you always tell when hes lying..his lips move !!!![/quote]

I do believe I may have said that myself mate.

"and then assume the exact opposite to be the truth of the matter."

He claimed the other day that we would not be signing Ronaldo and Messi and going 2 up front.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)