+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: R.I.P.Arthur Bellamy

R.I.P.Arthur Bellamy

R.I.P. Arthur Bellamy..Very sad news indeed, a great player in the sixties/seventies for the clarets and a great servant to the club in all his roles from groundsman to coach over the years..

re: R.I.P.Arthur Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    R.I.P. Arthur Bellamy..Very sad news indeed, a great player in the sixties/seventies for the clarets and a great servant to the club in all his roles from groundsman to coach over the years..
    Sad news Alf R.I.P. Arthur

Yes as well as Alf and probably Stan, seen him play many many times and a great servant for the club in many capacities.

R.I.P. Arthur.

Another of our adopted North East lads gone, a good chap at that

I can only echo what Stan Ternent said...

"He was Burnley FC through and through."

Ive just checked out the 3 matches when Swindon played Burnley in the semi Final of the 1969 League Cup; Arthur Bellamy didn't play in the first game at Turf Moor when Swindon won 2-1; but he did play at Swindon in the 2nd leg where Burnley won 2-1 and he also played in the 3rd play off match at the Hawthorns where Swindon won 3-2. I was at the match at Swindon but i don't remember him, but i have seen him play.

Rip Arthur Bellamy.