+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injuries..

re: Injuries..

Quote Originally Posted by chief_wiggam
    Did I read somewhere that Wanyama could be on the bench for Saturday or have I made that up?
    I heard he was training normally but not yet fully match fit.

Be interesting to see whether he's given some game time tomorrow or, with our injury list getting longer, is saved for upcoming league games..

Personally I think it would be unfair on Cork if Wanyama simply strolled back in to MP's preferred starting eleven.

Corks been fantastic in his absence, and has reminded us that a defensive midfielder can also command the ability to regularly find a team mate with his distribution.

Did I read somewhere around about the time that we signed BIg Vic that he could play centre back or in a Chief Wiggam stylee, am I just making that up?

Lovren reckons he'll be back sooner than expected - very good news..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Lovren reckons he'll be back sooner than expected - very good news..

I've heard the same Papa, great news if true!
    Hopefully Wanyama will be match fit for the Fulham game.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_7
    Hopefully Wanyama will be match fit for the Fulham game.
    I think Big Vic was good to go for the Arsenal game, but Cork & Schneiderlin's exceptional performances kept his 'arris glued to the bench..

Cannot praise JC enough at the moment. To be left out for such a long time and then come back in doing the job he's done, superb. I heard rumours of him going and being valued between £3-£5m, what an insult, he's shown he's worth so much more than that to us.

One things for sure Gaston won't be going anywhere now so he's going to have to up his game upon his return for the Uraguay WC squad from which we can only benefit surely.

Poch has shown with Chambers/Clyne that if you come in as injury cover and play well you'll hold your place. With that in mind I will be disappointed if Corky is sidelined for big Vic as I think he's been one of our best and most consistent players of late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12