+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Today's cup draw

re: Today's cup draw

A bloke on Saintsweb reckons it'll only be 15 quid for adults which would be a right result if true.

Three trips to Sunderland and yet another one on live TV, with the kick-off time changed. Well that will reduce our away support for this one as well.

I've got BT Sport so I will be one of the fans not going now, as with the early kick-off, it would mean staying in Sunderland the night before.

I wouldn't bother taking time from work to crawl up in traffic on a Friday.

With a clear run on Saturday morning, I'd guess door to door would be about 5 hours tops, maybe 5 and a bit allowing for a 'comfort break' en route, so not that bad..

Since I'm normally up at sparrow's fart anyway, the earlier KO probably suits me better..

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    12.45 KO.

Jings, what time are we going to leave?!?
    Probably looking at being fueled up and on the road by 5:00 / 5:15 - that should give us time for a couple of quiet ones before the game..[/quote]

I wouldn't expect petrol money fom Pents, or even a couple of beers. He doesn't pay for transport!!

I only bump the rattler.

ATAF.

This game is officially a goer at my end, so sign me up for 10 hours stuck in a car with Weasel's noxious, toxic emissions.

On second thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    I wouldn't bother taking time from work to crawl up in traffic on a Friday.

With a clear run on Saturday morning, I'd guess door to door would be about 5 hours tops, maybe 5 and a bit allowing for a 'comfort break' en route, so not that bad..

Since I'm normally up at sparrow's fart anyway, the earlier KO probably suits me better..
    5 hours is quite doable if you get lucky with traffic, which you should. Years back I used to knock about with a sort from just outside Boro. Driving non-stop I did that in 4 hours straight a good few times, Mackem land is only a little way further up the road.

Trust me, I'll be doing my level best to nail it in as little over 4 hours as possible..

Back in the day, I used to travel up to Tyneside & Teesside maybe once or twice a week and I'd have been well miffed if either took me longer than 5 hours - and that was driving a ratty little diesel. Like yourself, a whisker over 4 hours was about as good as it got - usually meant a 4am start, mind..

Can't say that I particularly miss those days..

Quote Originally Posted by Pentridge
    A bloke on Saintsweb reckons it'll only be 15 quid for adults...
    He wasn't wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    Depending on my circumstance, I may drive for the Sunderland game. We might pass bill on his way back from Morecombe - if he bothered going to games, either home or away
    I think Bill had to sign the register that week,so I doubt very much he made it to Morecum.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast