+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor Should Start

O'Connor Should Start

He states on twitter he is 100% fit and raring to go. He definitely improved us at the end and has never made his best performances at sub. We need him back in Steve. Please start O'Connor at Tranmere. You say Frecklington is the best midfielder at the club. I think O'Connor runs him very close.

re: O'Connor Should Start

Think O'Connors gone off the boil a bot recently, his injured groin wont have helped. But when hes at his best then he is quality, id drop Littlewood for him.

Smallwood and Milsom are too similar, O'Connor must start for me he seems to connect with Pringle well on the pitch they always look for each other.

Come on Steve sort it

Pringle tweeted he prefers it in middle, but hasn't happened since Derby so probably won't happen.

Bump!

Yes he should IMHO.

If Frecks is not fit,id say Pringle would be the best replacement for him in the middle.

i'd give him a go but i have to say IMHO he has been poor for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by TMiller
    How can you say that? He's only started one game in about 12 I think. And that was against Port Vale where he was sacrificed shortly after Davis' red card.

Prior to his injury, particularly at Stevenage, he was simply brilliant.

We are just not the same team with neither Frecks or O'Connor in the middle of the park (even though I do really rate Milsom!).

If Frecks is not available, O'Connor has to play...if neither are available that's when we miss David Noble imho.

Quote Originally Posted by RedAnt
    How can you say that? He's only started one game in about 12 I think. And that was against Port Vale where he was sacrificed shortly after Davis' red card.

Prior to his injury, particularly at Stevenage, he was simply brilliant.[/quote]

I just haven't been impressed with him this season. As I said i'd give him another go though

The most effective part of O'Connor in the middle is the fact that he can switch play to either wing with pace. He is also the one most likely to win the ball when pressing. We seem to press for a few seconds, high up the pitch, then drop off and pick up players if we don't win it in that time. We win it more in the initial press when O'Connor and Frecklington play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast