+ Visit Everton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Boss Warns Everton!

Liverpool Boss Warns Everton!

Oh dear, someone sounds worried

Brendan Rodgers issues Derby warning to Everton.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, who had seen his side being given a scare at Anfield by a lowly placed Aston Villa side, has warned Merseyside rivals Everton that they will see a totally different Reds side.

Liverpool face Everton in the second Merseyside Derby of the season on Tuesday and Rodgers, who was questioned if the performance of his team against Villa will encourage Everton’s boss Roberto Martinez, said, "He will know how I work and knows how my teams work. But he will know it will be a totally different game here for the derby. It wasn’t one of our better days (against Villa), but we've had many great games here. We’ll be ready for the derby game for sure."

Liverpool and Everton played out a thrilling 3-3 draw at Goodison Park earlier in the season and one can only expect another mouthwatering clash between the two rivals at Anfield.

Liverpool were take

re: Liverpool Boss Warns Everton!

Every time he opens his mouth he sounds more and more like a Prize ****.

Don't see anything wrong with what he's said, lazy journalism with the headline.

Obviously Everton_Freak would have had him say, 'We are awful & come up against a superior side in Everton, we'll be extremely lucky to scrape a three goal loss.".

Ahh that's right Mary. Blame the writers this time. Would this be the same "lazy journalism" that leaves out those parts where as a responsible Manager and human being he fully condemns and disassociates himself/club he manages with racism, diving, cheating, biting, match bans, asking for red cards and generally having a team full of on/off-field scumbag players. Maybe he should concentrate on warning his own team before he starts threatening others what will be accomplished before it even is.

Always the Victims.

You Know the Rest...

Apart from all the rubbish you've typed there, let's just take his comments in their own context...

"He will know how I work and knows how my teams work. But he will know it will be a totally different game here for the derby. It wasn’t one of our better days (against Villa), but we've had many great games here. We’ll be ready for the derby game for sure."

He's basically saying we were poor against Villa & the derby is a totally different kettle of fish. Pretty mundane stuff for a manager to be saying if you ask me but if you want to get your panties in a bunch about it, be my guest...

Smalltime supporter The_Freak owned yet again.

Oh yeah I forgot, we're not allowed to mention those obvious defining issues about your great club and players are we? Let's just sweep that all under the rug.

That's been the Liverpool way as far back as I can remember.

Context is a matter of personal interpretation soft lad. Dress it up as polished in your favourable rose-tinted view as you like. He's "warning" teams now that they face a challenge? Just Now? I would have thought that you being a big team and would be champions that wouldn't have needed to be done at all. He's clearly now panicking and he's also going to look very stupid if we do take three points from you. As for your contextual bias - Why not issue the same "warnings" to teams such as Stoke. Norwich and Sunderland? Facts are when Liverpool face any team tenth and above they give you a game every time and on average take points. Meanwhile you go gob$hiteing about your title chances when you beat the ones 11th - 20th.

Also, using your chosen context - Can

Small Team JohnnyPreston hanging around Premier League boards again.

Delusional.

So to summarise...

Liverpool boss is asked question about forthcoming derby.

Liverpool boss gives perfectly polite & reasonable answer.

Everton_Freak explodes in Diana Ross-esque diva strop.

[color=navy]
    I'm just hoping that we can come out of the game without any more injuries to add to our list :/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)