+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yesterdays conceded goals

Yesterdays conceded goals

Down here in rainy Cornwall I have just watched the highlights on Millers player and though I don't see the overall picture this is what I thought, 1st goal, couldn't understand Addison running towards goal instead of towards the guy with the ball then Collin palming the ball to Tubbs. 2nd goal, Addison lost the guy who scored then seemed to blame someone else, also thought Collin should have been quicker of his line to try and narrow his angle. As for the last gasp saves, he really should have caught the first effort but fair play to him with the smart saves on the next two attempts. It's not easy judging these things when you have a small view of things but If it is how it looks these two guys need to step it up a bit!!

re: Yesterdays conceded goals

The first goal was the goalkeeper's fault.

Period.

Yep...thought he should have done a lot better with it...he'll have to be steady or Stevie boy will have his mate back in the net double quick time...

First goal was down to Arnison losing possession too easily with a casual pass in midfield and leaving us totally exposed on the counter. But agree that both Addison and Tavernier both went towards the player with the ball when one of them should have stuck to tracking Tubbs. Can't blame the 'keeper, he was totally exposed be the inept defending on the first goal but second yes, he could have done better when he parried a ball he should have held.

Yes somebody should have gone to the ball for the first.

Don't know how you can say Collin could have done better with the triple save, the ball was low, he was nearly on his knees , it was a power ball and let's not forget the weather :/

Watch it again

Colin has been solid since he became No 1 but the first goal was a shocker from him. I thought when I watched it on the highlights it wouldn't seem as bad but unfortunately it looks even worse!

I'm just glad he didn't have a tenner on Tubbs to score first or there would have been a steward enquiry!

Great saves at the end though and Millertop is quite right, the first shot is scuffed through a crowd of players so the ball doesn't come as clean as it should have.

Just seen the highlights (cheers Scum) and it was even worse defending than my memory - both of our defenders ran to the man without the ball!! What were they thinking? And the 'keeping from Collin was worse than I thought. Total balls up!

Watched it again as requested and still believe he should have done better. The ball was straight at him, he was down expecting to catch it and he didn't. I'm sure he will be thinking that he ought to have down better with that particular shot.

Addison should have tracked the man with the ball not run towards the goal then leaving him free, but it was a total mess that followed.
    Addison and Davis are both risky on the floor, add that to Arni putting a least 1 dodgy ball a match then we will all ways struggle in defense, the goals conceded at home tell the tale.