+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOM AWARD

MOM AWARD

McKenna, surely not !

Why was he not subbed immediately he was booked ?

re: MOM AWARD

Why sub him when he gets booked.
    If you did that he would never finish a game.
    He is a important player for us that we missed when he was out with injury.

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley
    McKenna, surely not !

I agree I personally would not have given the MOM to McKenna but it is about opinions and the people who are making the decision are not necessary all regular football fans but people who are sponsoring the club. Also most of the people who sponsor the matches enter the shirt draw, have an advertising hoarding, buy halftime raffle tickets and buy tickets for the bottle of whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGEORGE
    McKenna, surely not !

I agree I personally would not have given the MOM to McKenna but it is about opinions and the people who are making the decision are not necessary all regular football fans but people who are sponsoring the club. Also most of the people who sponsor the matches enter the shirt draw, have an advertising hoarding, buy halftime raffle tickets and buy tickets for the bottle of whisky.[/quote]

A woosh moment I suspect!!

NV I dont know where you are coming from with that comment. Yes he was booked but does that merit him being subbed. Why not sub Durnin after he got booked. Imo comments like that are crazy. The man has a better disciplinary record than a number of players at the club and is the one player who has the aggression every decent team needs in the center of the pitch and his record has shown he has never went over the score in that respect. I have to admit I was surprised when he got mom, but he had a decent game. I thought that award should have went to Durnin as he never put a foot wrong the whole match and even at that I struggled to pick him from the rest as they were all good on the day.

Ask Jardi !

Your comments are spot on and I agree with you 100%.

Like a salmon rising for a fly, I shall take the bait one last time:

McKenna, as you all know, would be the first on my team sheet every week. However, he is a lose cannon and liable to be red carded once he loses the plot, therefore IMHO he should be subbed when he gets a yellow card.

Yet again, McKenna received another pointless yellow card yesterday, and it is time quite frankly, that he (like Russell) grew up!

McKenna was not man of the match yesterday, but in the 20 minutes he was on the park I would have given MOM to Gavin Reilly.

Yesterday's referee Ian Brines was excellent by the way, and he would not have given a second yellow, unless McKenna had done something really stupid, so under the circumstances, I think McIntyre probably made the right decision to leave him on the park.

Brines probably should have red carded Durnan for his cynical challenge.

Brines did not see the 3 hand ball incidents, as he was directly behind the offending player. Thus he could not

NV. I can only apologise. I didn't realise the sarcasm in your comment. Thought you were being serious about it

Jardi do keep up pal there is a thread on the board and a photo of referee Brines getting his tea in the main stand cafe at half time

[quote="jardi"]Like a salmon rising for a fly, I shall take the bait one last time:

McKenna, as you all know, would be the first on my team sheet every week. However, he is a lose cannon and liable to be red carded once he loses the plot, therefore IMHO he should be subbed when he gets a yellow card.

Yet again, McKenna received another pointless yellow card yesterday, and it is time quite frankly, that he (like Russell) grew up!

McKenna was not man of the match yesterday, but in the 20 minutes he was on the park I would have given MOM to Gavin Reilly.

Yesterday's referee Ian Brines was excellent by the way, and he would not have given a second yellow, unless McKenna had done something really stupid, so under the circumstances, I think McIntyre probably made the right decision to leave him on the park.

Brines probably should have red carded Durnan for his cynical challenge.

Brines did not see the 3 hand ball incidents, as he was directly behi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)