+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Six Nations Comp 2014

re: Six Nations Comp 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown
    Hands up who's getting nervous!
    Clearly only the Welsh. England without 6 first choice players and targetting the World Cup (not the 6 Nations) have precious little to lose. But defeat for Wales here will make their World Cup mission look impossible.

Alas I won't see it as I'm playing Hillside Golf Course in the North West.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    ...England without 6 first choice players and targetting the World Cup (not the 6 Nations) have precious little to lose.
    is that right!

The latest table following this weekend's fixtures. I still have every result correct and so obviously does the blatant cheat Beta. Italy have 52 points now, so will need to score 11 or more against England for Beta not to win. However, if Ireland beat France then Bladder could win if Italy score more than 17 points. Not likely.

I missed the game yesterday, were you watching SD? I must watch a recording today sometime. Poor old Gatland needs to keep his mouth shut. Not looking good for the World Cup now SD. I heard the scoreline flattered you too. Ouch!!

By the way, if you ever get the chance, try Hillside Golf Course in Southport (next to Birkdale). Absolutely stunning course (Dalglish and Hansen are members) and is used for Open Qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    Double up bet this weekend with Pompey and Twickers home wins for sure
    Sadly Pompey scuppered the bet

Wales not having a stellar year; England were rampant and deserved to win yesterday. France managed to find something on the road for a change. Italy unlucky all season - excellent work ethic from them, unlike their Parliament! Ireland playing their luck as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    I missed the game yesterday, were you watching SD? I must watch a recording today sometime. Poor old Gatland needs to keep his mouth shut. Not looking good for the World Cup now SD. I heard the scoreline flattered you too. Ouch!!

By the way, if you ever get the chance, try Hillside Golf Course in Southport (next to Birkdale). Absolutely stunning course (Dalglish and Hansen are members) and is used for Open Qualifying.
    I didn't see any rugby this weekend, I got unexpectedly tied up with things in Wales, only just back now!
    Haven't had chance to catch up with the game but did hear it was pretty much all England. At least that might now mean changing our crash bang wallop game and having a more subtle plan B.

Re Hillside GC, not aware of it although coincidentally/ironically Southport is my mother's family's part of the world, I like Southport (apart from the accent!)

The final scores for the 2014 competition. It took to the final game for myself and my cheating chum Beta to get a result wrong, but with Ireland winning in Paris it meant 3 of us (with Bladder) had 14 results correct. I needed Italy to score 11 points to get ahead of Beta in the tiebreak and stone the crows they only went and scored 11!!. So I pip the cheat by 1 point. Bladder well back on the tiebreak.

As for the 6 Nations itself, perhaps they need to make it 4 Nations and let them play home and away for a proper comp. Italy and Scotland are adding nothing at the moment. England are starting to look particularly formidable and with strength to add to this team they are serious contenders for the World Cup next year. This was probably the last hurrah for an ageing irish side whilst wales have clearly been found out. England's next 4 fixtures are against NZ with the first likely to be with a reserve side (clashes with the Prem Final, what outstanding planning that was)!! Oh great.

[

Rats to your tie break!!!
    3 equal first I think.

Surprised I didn't finish bottom of this!

Good to see Wales finish with a flourish even if it was against 14 Scots, young Hogg was a bit of a naughty boy!
    Only saw the England tries, assume it was a walk in the park that the score suggests.
    Shame France fecked up with that forward pass at the end of the game when they should have beaten Ireland... not that I wanted England to snatch the title but just wanted to see Ireland throw it away again!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)