+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Dario

Classic Dario

Just seen this on twitter, brilliant interview by Dario - view external link

re: Classic Dario

Loved the "idiotic brainless non competitors with no backbone" comment.

Priceless!!!

Remember the game like it was yesterday.
    Must admit I thought it was in the 80s, surprised to see it was in 91 - but surely even that one cannot be surpassed by April 2010 at Morecambe??
    Maybe listening to the whole game, (as opposed to updates from the one v Scarborough), had a greater impact on me - but DG was in charge there too!
    Must try and track down the GM/DG interview after that one!!! ... although, with it being a mere 19 years later, perhaps he'd mellowed!!
    Still gives me nightmares

As for our ability to defend over the years, we all know what it's really been like even in our heydays in the Champs, perhaps reflected by the oh-so-few big money transfers involving our back 4!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cragle
    Just seen this on twitter, brilliant interview by Dario
    As the uploader of the clip in question - only too happy to oblige! Definitely 1991/2 season, somerset.

Remember it well.. Darren Foreman came back to haunt us. The Morecambe game was unbelievable... 3-1 up, then missed a pen, then lost 4-3 v 10 men to an Artell winner.. kids crying and grown men not far off either!!

Every team has it happen some time though.

Liverpool losing 4-3 to Leeds, Liverpool beating Newcastle twice 4-3 from behind, Man U 3-0 down at Spurs, winning 5-3 or Spurs 3 Man City 0, City down to 10 men and City win 4-3.

Remember when we beat Gillingham 4-3 from 3-1 down, they had surrendered a 3-0 lead 10 days earlier (that time for a draw).

One that gutted me most was when we were 3-0 up away at Reading at the old Elm Park and drew 3-3. The chances we had to score 4th, 5th or 6th goals yet we only drew.

Wow, this brings back some bad memories. I will never forget "the Scarborough game" as long as I live!!

i remember leaving the ground at 3-1 up...couldnt beleive my eyes when i got to the express the score was 3-3...not much has changed in 20 odd years

Chesterfield was bad too - 4-1 up and still only drew 5-5!!

Who was the 'Russell' he referred to in the interview? He was really angry wasn't he??!!

Quote Originally Posted by crewedaft
    Who was the 'Russell' he referred to in the interview? He was really angry wasn't he??!!

I thought the same - so I thought I'd try and find out ...

Could it have been Russell Payne, a winger on loan from Liverpool - as per the link? Seems to fit the timeline - but definitely don't remember him ...?!!! - view external link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast