+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Dario

re: Classic Dario

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    Who was the 'Russell' he referred to in the interview? He was really angry wasn't he??!!

I thought the same - so I thought I'd try and find out ...

Could it have been Russell Payne, a winger on loan from Liverpool - as per the link? Seems to fit the timeline - but definitely don't remember him ...?!!![/quote]

That sounds a good call - played six matches that season. I don't remember him at all!

Started looking at that list and recalled the very strange career path of goalkeeper Brian Parker. Played 26 games in 1973-74 as we struggled at the bottom end of Div 4. Then got signed by Arsenal (!) and then disappeared without a trace. Anyone know what happened to him?

I too remember this game and clearly too.At 3-0 we were coasting and had a chance to make it four late on but failed.They pulled one bacl with a few minutes remaining and got another two or three minutes later.By now they were all over us and incredibly bundled in the equaliser,in stoppage time I think.
    I remember being well ****ed off and vowing not to bother going again that season.Next home game I was there though.

Quote Originally Posted by crewedaft
    Who was the 'Russell' he referred to in the interview? He was really angry wasn't he??!!

I thought the same - so I thought I'd try and find out ...

Could it have been Russell Payne, a winger on loan from Liverpoool - as per the link? Seems to fit the timeline - but definitely don't remember him ...?!!![/quote]

That sounds a good call - played six matches that season. I don't remember him at all!

Started looking at that list and recalled the very strange career path of goalkeeper Brian Parker. Played 26 games in 1973-74 as we struggled at the bottom end of Div 4. Then got signed by Arsenal (!) and then disappeared without a trace. Anyone know what happened to him?[/quote]
    Funny you should bring up Brian Parker as he'd crossed my mind recently too.I remember him being the young understudy to the excellent Geoff Crudgington but I w

Quote Originally Posted by crewedaft
    Started looking at that list and recalled the very strange career path of goalkeeper Brian Parker. Played 26 games in 1973-74 as we struggled at the bottom end of Div 4. Then got signed by Arsenal (!) and then disappeared without a trace. Anyone know what happened to him?

Well, I can answer that one! Just had no idea he was at Crewe in his early years!

In my VERY early football watching days, ("when I were a lad"), I used to go to the old Huish ground at Yeovil - the one with the infamous slope - and BP turned up there around the time of the formation of the Alliance Premier League (now the Conference) in the late 70s. Became a Yeovil legend before moving on to (I think!?) Runcorn!

Grandson of Brian parker ask and you shall receive?

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Well, I can answer that one! Just had no idea he was at Crewe in his early years!

In my VERY early football watching days, ("when I were a lad"), I used to go to the old Huish ground at Yeovil - the one with the infamous slope - and BP turned up there around the time of the formation of the Alliance Premier League (now the Conference) in the late 70s. Became a Yeovil legend before moving on to (I think!?) Runcorn!
    Grandson of former arsenal Crewe Yeovil Runcorn gk Brian Parker any questions you want to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Jparker View Post
    Grandson of former arsenal Crewe Yeovil Runcorn gk Brian Parker any questions you want to ask?

Wow!
    You must have done some digging to find this post!
    But yes, remember BP at Yeovil - a true legend at Huish!!

Didn't he turn out for Bristol Rovers, as well?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Didn't he turn oout for Bristol Rovers, as well?
    I think you're getting confused with Brian Parkin!!!

It came up one of the first ones tbh and no to Bristol rovers and it’s weird to think how I see him and people like you are so interested in his life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12