+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QUEENS MATCH POSTERS

QUEENS MATCH POSTERS

Nice effort from John and the Trust to promote QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FC by producing and getting displayed match Posters

re: QUEENS MATCH POSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by topfitter

Nice effort from John and the Trust to promote QUEEN OF THE SOUTH FC by producing and getting displayed match Posters
    After watching Queens for over a half century can't recall Queens playing with blue and white socks. They were usually red and black ! I could be wrong but there will be someone who will keep us right !

QOS_MAD_ADMIN , surely even the most cynical and pernickety of Queens Fans will appreciate there is some artistic licence used in the poster,,, or then again perhaps an attempt at promoting "OUR CLUB" will be decried, that would be so sad

[quote="topfitter" will be decried, that would be so sad [/quote]

Why are you sensitive to such an innocent observation of historical importance ?

I NEVER decry any attempt to promote MY CLUB so kindly wind your kneck in !

Did you read and understand my post, no inference to you was made or implied, however you will be well aware how positive posts can be spoilt on this Forum.

Wind your neck in comments like you made above hardly worthy of an ADMIN.

I have nothing to "wind my neck in" for in my opinion,,,,another thread ruined,,,,,

Ruined by your good self Andy .

Chill out

In reply to admin lots of old photos of queens were sourced for the artist and many of the action shots and team photos clearly show blue and white stripey socks and some other photos do show the black and red socks that you mention. I would post some of the old photos on here but I don't know how.

Thanks to all those on Facebook for the many 'likes' and sharing of the poster and the many positive comments. The response it has had in the last 24 hours has been fantastic with the Trust website getting double its previous record number of hits.

Please visit the trust website for further info on the artist and the posters and how you can help by either letting us know of places to display posters or by joining / rejoining the Trust. Many thanks.

www.queenstrust.org - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by JTulip
    In reply to admin lots of old photos of queens were sourced for the artist and many of the action shots and team photos clearly show blue and white stripey socks and some other photos do show the black and red socks that you mention. I would post some of the old photos on here but I don't know how.

Thanks to all those on Facebook for the many 'likes' and sharing of the poster and the many positive comments. The response it has had in the last 24 hours has been fantastic with the Trust website getting double its previous record number of hits.

Please visit the trust website for further info on the artist and the posters and how you can help by either letting us know of places to display posters or by joining / rejoining the Trust. Many thanks.

www.queenstrust.org
    No reason to doubt the accuracy of the photos JT - my memory is fading with advancing years.

Out of interest have you any idea what seasons/era/dates the stripey socks w

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN

www.queenstrust.org
    No reason to doubt the accuracy of the photos JT - my memory is fading with advancing years.

Out of interest have you

queens wore the blue and white socks as per the poster from the early 30's to the early 50's with the exception of a couple of years when they wore the black with red top bands
    if you go on to historical kits you can see for yourself
    i would put the link up but dont know how to do it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)