+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what a load of **** holes on the direby site

re: what a load of **** holes on the direby site

You're doing so well winning the league and getting into the champions league so far oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    He made no claims about your games romanis, just that with the old format it was a lot harder to win back then. Which is plainly bollox frankly.
    It can seen in both ways.
    It was definitely harder to get in back then, either you be Champions or the holders, no other way. So it can be said to be harder, winning your league was a hard ask. But once in, it's slightly easier compared to now.

The group stage basically not that difficult depending on the draw, but the additional knock out phase against the cream made it harder.

This season may be an exception because the semis are tough, but usually it's the Rd of 16 and the quarters that's the real challenge. Once in the semis, you are quite safe, because of some upsets, you could get teams like PSV, Lyon, Monaco and was it Schalke 2 years ago?

This past 2 seasons - the semis are tough. Last year - Bayern, Dortmund, Barca and Madrid
    This year - Bayern, Real, Chelsea and Atleti - all doing

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    It was definitely harder to get in back then. But once in, it's slightly easier compared to now.

Correct answer. It was definitely harder to qualify back then, but once you had it was much easier to win.

I think you had a tough few games that is clear. I will add though that we were cheated out of it in quite ludicrous fashion.

[quote="triz" now they're all fixing up that hosepipe and shutting the garage door [/quote] and i'll continue to say it next season,if you fail in the play offs its back to square 1 minus your camp players

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    I think you had a tough few games that is clear. I will add though that we were cheated out of it in quite ludicrous fashion.
    Clough was cheated of it in 1973 by Juventus(semis), but in a sense poetic justice, the great Ajax side won the Final.

But you failed too in 1976, competition won by the crack Bayern side.

But it's questionable whether you could beat Cruyff and Co in the 1973 Final, few teams could.

Bayern although cheated (by the referee) in 1975 denying Leeds were still the best team in Europe then.

But of course with Cloughie in 1973 anything was possible. 1976 I doubt would have been your year. Clough would again be cheated by a referee in our 1984 UEFA Cup semis with Anderlecht.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Clough was cheated of it in 1973 by Juventus(semis), but in a sense poetic justice, the great Ajax side won the Final.

But you failed too in 1976, competition won by the crack Bayern side.

But it's questionable whether you could beat Cruyff and Co in the 1973 Final, few teams could.

Bayern although cheated (by the referee) in 1975 denying Leeds were still the best team in Europe then.

But of course with Cloughie in 1973 anything was possible. 1976 I doubt would have been your year. Clough would again be cheated by a referee in our 1984 UEFA Cup semis with Anderlecht.[/quote]

Yeah i agree with pretty much all that.

Quote Originally Posted by "es***red52" now they're all fixing up that hosepipe and shutting the garage door XD[/quote
    and i'll continue to say it next season,if you fail in the play offs its back to square 1 minus your camp players

What does that actually mean? Yes we will no doubt lose our loan players. And yes we will start the season on 0 points

[quote="triz" so you have lots of chances to go and win it so it is obviously easier to win !!!!!

[quote="worcesterred" so you have lots of chances to go and win it so it is obviously easier to win !!!!![/quote]

In the old format you could lose 4 out of 9 games and still be champions of Europe.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast