+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: what a load of **** holes on the direby site

re: what a load of **** holes on the direby site

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    If you all really want to believe it was harder to win back then, who am I to spoil your little fantasy?

The Easter Bunny will soon be here, then only another 8 months or so and Santa Claus will be leaving you all presents.
    has got to be the worst response to an arguement ever, admit defeat elite and move on.[/quote]

Explain to me how the top 3 or 4 teams from Spain, Germany, Italy and England are weaker than the Champions of Switzerland, Austria, Bulgaria and Belgium and I'll willingly move on. Strange how no-one has addressed that point! I'll try and explain it even clearer - imagine a British Cup. If you took the Champions of all the home nations, it would feature Man U, Celtic, The New Saints and St Patrick's Athletic. If you to

I have no problem with how the current cup is played even though it is purely a money making exercise, and how on earth can it be the Champions League when nigh on 75% of participants aren't champions.

The format is based so the biggest clubs in the world can progress through to the knock out phase where the system as used by Forest kicks in - lose on aggregate and you're out.

I bet Liverpool fans don't have to defend their cup wins in this manner

I suppose the conclusive proof that it was much weaker in the old format can be summed up in just one word...

...Malmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bologna_reunited
    I have no problem with how the current cup is played even though it is purely a money making exercise, and how on earth can it be the Champions League when nigh on 75% of participants aren't champions.

The format is based so the biggest clubs in the world can progress through to the knock out phase where the system as used by Forest kicks in - lose on aggregate and you're out.

I bet Liverpool fans don't have to defend their cup wins in this manner
    You're wasting your time mate, the Usual Suspects will argue to 30 pages because it's all about denigrating our European Cups and not about how difficult each competition is/was.

They can't even dream about standing on the terraces at at large European stadium and watch their captain lift up the greatest club cup in the world (watch some ****er argue about this too) so they try and drag ours down.
    Jealousy, pure and simple.

They won't answer the point about Chelsea losing h

I suppose the conclusive proof that it was much weaker in the old format can be summed up in just one word...

...Malmo.
    Yes because they didn't beat big clubs ( at that time ) clubs like Monaco, Dynamo Kiev, Wisla Krakow and Austria Vienna en route.

They must have simply played Bulwell Town, Aspley a Rovers, Nuthall Villa & Carlton Old Boys to get there.

I thought I argued for the sake of it but you sir, hats off to a champion

By the way, you have a point in that Hamburg did beat the mighty Valur to start their campaign the year later. Oh and Dynamo Tblisi, Hadjuk Split and some other minnows - Real Madrid.

I thought I argued for the sake of it but you sir, hats off to a champion.

Arguing? We're in agreement on this one!

May not have been a stronger competition then - compared to today.

No one is denying what a great achievement it was by Forest to win 2 European cups or by Liverpool, Man Utd. Villa or Celtic but that doesn't stop the fact it is a more difficult thing to win now than it was then so don't get paranoid about it.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie
    No one is denying what a great achievement it was by Forest to win 2 European cups or by Liverpool, Man Utd. Villa or Celtic but that doesn't stop the fact it is a more difficult thing to win now than it was then so don't get paranoid about it.
    Paranoid

The only bunch of fans that denigrate what we achieved is your sad and sorry bunch of no mark muppets. Can't really think why that would be can you?

If it is more difficult to win now how come Chelsea etc etc? It is simply a long money generating exercise designed to protect the big clubs from going out in the early stages - we had no such luxury. Lose and out.

So you think the champions of Lithuania are better than the runner-up in Spain, because they are CHAMPIONS.

I believe the Flat Earth Society are looking for new members.
    So you think glentoran in the irish league are better than some of the eastern block european teams because they play in a league format and have qualified by being sixth or something how can you be the best side in europe when there are lots of better sides in your own league !!!

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterred
    So you think glentoran in the irish league are better than some of the eastern block european teams because they play in a league format and have qualified by being sixth or something how can you be the best side in europe when there are lots of better sides in your own league !!!

What you can't dispute is that more of the stronger teams are in CL, making it harder to win. Still not one of you have pointed out any error in the logic of this post:

[quote="Elite_Pie"]
    Explain to me how the top 3 or 4 teams from Spain, Germany, Italy and England are weaker than the Champions of Switzerland, Austria, Bulgaria and Belgium and I'll willingly move on. Strange how no-one has addressed that point! I'll try and explain it even clearer - imagine a British Cup. If you took the Champions of all the home nations, it would feature Man U, Celtic, The New Saints and St Patrick's Athletic. If you took the top

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast