+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It makes me sick

It makes me sick

It gets right up my nose when the likes of chelsea etc, moan about fixtures piling up and want the fa to move there games to help them, they are dam lucky to be in there position, and if they can't cope then that is tough. perhaps the fa can postpone our games till all our players are fit, that would help us(ha ha ha). I would love a fixture pile up, it would mean we were doing well. PS. screw the the champions league bleeding the football league dry.
    yes I would like to be in it, but it don't take away the fact it has screwed up transfer fees
    and robs the lower teams of competing for players

re: It makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by zidazaga
    It gets right up my nose when the likes of chelsea etc, moan about fixtures piling up and want the fa to move there games to help them, they are dam lucky to be in there position, and if they can't cope then that is tough. perhaps the fa can postpone our games till all our players are fit, that would help us(ha ha ha). I would love a fixture pile up, it would mean we were doing well. PS. screw the the champions league bleeding the football league dry.
    yes I would like to be in it, but it don't take away the fact it has screwed up transfer fees
    and robs the lower teams of competing for players
    I can see why it makes you angry, but we are the only country that doesnt help its teams when playing in Europe. I dont see why they cant just switch the dates.

I'm with ZZ on this one. It winds me up when clubs and players moan about their hard life of too many games etc.
    Two things stick in my mind with the subject, broached by the great man himself.

After moaning about training in the rain and how horrible their lives were, Mr Clough had a coach take them down to Cotgrave pit where they learned what a hard life is all about.

Also moaning about the number of games they played in 1979.
    42 league games + a full european cup run + a full league cup run + a half FA cup run. 60 + games and Internationals, with a main squad of 15 players.
    Clough told em to stop whinging and get on with it. Do you want success or less work for failure?

Complete tossers todays players. Who else gets payed a fortune for doing something they love?

Well its about maximising performance isn't it. They may be happy to play, but may also know they will only be at %90. Its a numbers game and winning is worth millions.