+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Injustice

Injustice

Before the Gayfield "moaners" start I think this game should not have been be played as it was a lottery summed up by the fantastic Bobby Linn being hit by a wave from the North Sea whilst taken a corner kick.
    We should have scored before they did, clear cut penalty on McIntosh and a couple of chances in the 1st half and we find ourselves 3-0 down including a howler by Morrison.
    2nd half we had a clear goal over the line and a phantom goal chalked off by the ref for a "foul" on their goalie which was a joke.
    The ref was laughable and a feel sorry for the players but thought Keddie and Linn, McIntosh and McManus were excellent.

re: Unjustice

2 goals Morrison "flogged", 2 goals, 2nd went through his hands

Sorry, but I though this was appropriate in both threads! Maybe more so this one?:

Yes the officiating was absolutely f***ing s***e today but don't let that mask what was inept defending and outstandingly poor goalkeeping!!!

Time and again this season supporters have let loose - me included of course - on the officials and rest in the knowledge that they were to blame for the outcome. What! Face facts. You just can't defend like that and expect to win football games!

Yes, Mat Northcroft should have awarded a penalty in the first half. Yes, we deserved something for our first half efforts on goal. You make your own luck, but you can't legislate for disasters between the sticks. Yes, a goal was chalked off in the second period. Another, possibly over the line(?) was not given. Christ the referee was god bloody awful, the linesmen seem so f***ing unsure what the bloody rules of the game are. Yes, we seem to luck that ***** commodity that is called luck. Is everything going against us?

It's the same old story and probably always will be. The win against Stenny and the brilliant display at Ibrox means that the boards and forums are silenced, but come a bad result and everyone comes out running for the keyboards.

I don't think most people have ever kicked a modern day football. They move in the air when struck, when you add to that a howling gale which was strong enough to have waves actually soak the players in the corner, do you not think that it may effect the flight of the ball when struck? It's not rocket science. Hence why the Ayr keeper could save anything in the second half.

Leighton McIntosh looks like a great addition to the squad. Skillful with the ball at his feet, strong, and able to hold up the ball or give a quick pass. He was unlucky not to score in the first half and definitely should have had a penalty, but I'm sure he will get more goals in the weeks to come.

I repeat the game should never of started, they always say playing a game in weather like that is a "leveller" and even playing against an SPL club in the wind like yesterday would give smaller clubs a chance.
    Also the fans herded under the terracing roofs were at least getting some protection so shouting abuse as a misplaced pass was harsh (not defending our keeper for his howler here) so fair play to both teams for attempting a game yesterday.
    Also repeat if the BIG decisions had not went against us yesterday and Morrison had not had his "mad moment" we could/should have had the 3 points in the bag but as they say if you are out of luck...

Game was a farce and should never have taken Place. As for the Unofficials Fec**n Joke, I wouldnt let thme ref Sunday Boys Football. Clear Peno and 2 goals chalked of. Fair to say we will never see Goal line technology at Stadio Gayfield. As for oor defence Banjo is not a Right Back and should be deployed in Centre Mid. I dont have to say much aboot Scotty,s Howler I like the look of the new lad up front he brings a different dimension to the game and i see him linking up well with Top Man Bobby Linn. Cookie in my opinion has lost a bit of confidence and i think hes is trying to hard (Rest him).Still say we should have brought in another Centre Back as Keddie has to much on his plate. Saying that the only way now is Upwards and onwards.

We now have the worst defence record in the league having lost 52 goals ...

But we are not the only team with problems - almost every team in the league ( excluding Rangers, Ayr and Dunfermline ) can all get sucked into the relegation zone.

If we can secure regular on going wins against Brechin, Forfar, Airdrie, East Fife, Stenhousemuir etc we will start to gain points and climb the league.

Perhaps the hardest games were always going to be against the top 3 teams.

If we were going to lose games, then I think losing against Ayr and Rangers is better than losing against the other teams who are on the fringe of getting pulled into a relegation dog fight.

I think we will turn the corner and kick start a winning run very soon .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)