+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it really the time to Panic!

Is it really the time to Panic!

Yet another draw, all manner of panic posts on the new site, those posters suggesting we have been "sussed" are right I am sure, all will have "sussed" by now we are the toughest proposition to beat as a unit in this league by some margin, but a point at Hartlepool is not the end of the world/season, massive game next Saturday, so why the air of gloom amongst the internet irons? We are capable of beating Chesterfield but will Chesterfield come to play open football and try to take all the points, well its unlikely, they will come to GP set up not to lose. It will be another tough game just like every single game to come.
    Those taking comfort from the fact that we have more games at GP than away may be looking at things the wrong way round its going to be hard at GP small pitch, church like atmosphere lends itself ideal to a team to sit and frustrate,god forbid they nick a goal and the pressure is really on.
    Things were ticking along well before the new faces arrived so perhaps it may t

re: Is it really the time to Panic!

Well said - you are wasted on here.

BA you seem more active on here than with your other cronies - why do you keep coming back ?

I still say Russ has overloaded us up front and now he can't keep everyone happy. I may be in a minority of 1 but I don't know why we spent all that money on Madden when we needed more experienced defensive cover and some midfield clout.

I can see where you're coming from but I think Madden will prove his worth before the end of the season.

[quote="angusmecoat" by now we are the toughest proposition to beat as a unit in this league by some margin, but a point at Hartlepool is not the end of the world/season, massive game next Saturday, so why the air of gloom amongst the internet irons? We are capable of beating Chesterfield but will Chesterfield come to play open football and try to take all the points, well its unlikely, they will come to GP set up not to lose. It will be another tough game just like every single game to come.
    Those taking comfort from the fact that we have more games at GP than away may be looking at things the wrong way round its going to be hard at GP small pitch, church like atmosphere lends itself ideal to a team to sit and frustrate,god forbid they nick a goal and the pressure is really on.
    Things were ticking along well

Chesterfield fan in peace..

I notice that you say we are unlikely to come and play an open game of football and are more than likely to set up not to lose???

All im going to say is you can be no further away from the truth! every game we play we set up to play an attractive attacking brand of football and have been praised as the best footballing side in the division numerous times by fans of other clubs and pundits...

Its likely to be a very good game on saturday, it wont be anything like the one i watched you play against fleetwood, we wont come to cancel you out, we will come to win and will be dissapointed if we get anything less! Were back to our best now, all our best players are fully fit and were scoring for fun atm, buzzing for this game and hopefully we can pull clear by gaining the 3 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzy_Miller
    Chesterfield fan in peace..

I notice that you say we are unlikely to come and play an open game of football and are more than likely to set up not to lose???

All im going to say is you can be no further away from the truth! every game we play we set up to play an attractive attacking brand of football and have been praised as the best footballing side in the division numerous times by fans of other clubs and pundits...

Its likely to be a very good game on saturday, it wont be anything like the one i watched you play against fleetwood, we wont come to cancel you out, we will come to win and will be dissapointed if we get anything less! Were back to our best now, all our best players are fully fit and were scoring for fun atm, buzzing for this game and hopefully we can pull clear by gaining the 3 points!
    Hi CM, I hope you are right on this in which case we may be treated to a decent game of football. It would be a pleasant ch

I tipped Chesterfield to win the league at the start of the season and I've seen nothing from either them or us to change my mind.

Looking forward to Saturday as it could well be the best footballing game we will see. Let's hope for some decent conditions.

I know many supporters will vent their spleen if it happens but a fifth draw on the trot would not be a disaster for us considering the opposition. Can't see this one being 0-0 though as Russ will know we have to be seen as having a real go for it now.

I hope our crowd really get behind us as there's going to be a plenty of noise coming from t'other end.

I hope we will be going all out to win this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)