+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Stay or go?

It has been mentioned on another site that the boss will be here for the rest of the season unless he decides to leave voluntarily.
    Where do the regular posters on here stand on this?.
    Imo, with 4 new players brought in by PS and the transfer window now closed, we have to go with the present management.There are and will be good and sensible reasons for both schools of thought but it should be interesting to see how much support PS and SP still have.

re: Stay or go?

Absolutely no doubts STAY !

On follow up , some people have very short memories Weir ,Mcglashan ,Cairney , Kirk to go back the last decade or so , drivel , and all faired much worse than the current management and never in such a financially fuelled division , i believe to still be in this league next season will be a good effort on our budget etc

Stay or go?

Might as well stay, no obvious candidate to replace him, summer we start all over again whether we are in this league or not

With only the last 50 years to go on, I'm still a fan of Sheerin and his teams. He tries to play good football and certainly entertains. No doubt he was initially fortunate to bring S****ie, Doris and Falky with him. His own fitness was better then, too.

It's a fair criticism that he doesn't concentrate enough on the dark art of defending. Yesterday's result again exposed his failure to bolster the centre of the defence.

Considering the options, I will happily stick with him even if we go down.

No doubt in my mind STAY, we as Red Lichtie fans owe him and SP that after the entertainment and success they have brought to the club, I too am confident we will be in this league next season.

You could not judge anything on that game yesterday it was a farce both in the weather and the ref.

Sheerin should absolutely stay at Gayfield .

He is a young manager, still learning from his mistakes and like all new, young managers he has made a number of errors - but he has also brought the club a lot of success.

I think the club's short term game plan for this season is to avoid relegation.

Next season we can regroup, Sheerin will have time to access the playing squad and get ready for both decent cup runs and a squad to compete for the play offs.

It was never going to be easy having Rangers, Ayr and Dunfermline in the same league.

Almost all the other teams in the league will need to watch their backs as I think very soon we will start winning matches and closing the gap.

In my opinion he should go if we do not stay up as he is NOT learning by his mistakes.At the end of last season he stated he had left it too late to sign players and he did exactly the same this season.Furthermore he should have released Bayne, Sibanda and Chisholm at the end of the season but held on to them.
    How often did the former two feature throughout the first part of this season?The fact they were recently released proves my point.
    As I have stated in the past it is the present that matters and any judgement should be based on that and at the moment we are playing very poorly and our league position underlines this.

Quote Originally Posted by housecaptain
    In my opinion he should go if we do not stay up as he is NOT learning by his mistakes.At the end of last season he stated he had left it too late to sign players and he did exactly the same this season.Furthermore he should have released Bayne, Sibanda and Chisholm at the end of the season but held on to them.
    How often did the former two feature throughout the first part of this season?The fact they were recently released proves my point.
    As I have stated in the past it is the present that matters and any judgement should be based on that and at the moment we are playing very poorly and our league position underlines this.
    if you are not happy stay home and watch "jeff"

If everyone who was not happy stayed at home gayfield would be empty every week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)