+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wierd Southerners...

Wierd Southerners...

Went into the Sports Bar in Bromley yesterday to watch QPR/Burnley, a large establishment with over 60 TV's also in the toilets and a vast amount of area for everyone.

Drawback was price of drinks, a pint of Guinness was 4 pound 40 !

Only about 12 of us in as the match was about to start, some West Ham fans asked the barman to put that game on in their little alcove they were sitting in, so I asked for the QPR game to be put on, he said to sit by the door as then I would not hear the West Ham commentary from there and could have the commentary of my game without interruption from the other.

I sat all alone with my expensive Guinness as Redcrap and Dyche cuddled on the touchline before Kick off, after a couple of minutes someone walked in and sat behind me every now and then shouting "Come on you Hammers" I took no notice, when QPR scored he shouted "YES" I still took no notice, Burnley scored and I stood in my excitement and shouted "Get In" QPR scored again and this guy again Shout

re: Wierd Southerners...

Im sure Northerners don't ever act like D1ck heads do they?

That is bizarre...but I'd have risked the ban and decked the tw@t.

Ignorance is bliss.

All you needed to say was i support the proper boys in claret and blue and not the pretend ones..

I used to always attract the nutters< but I learnt to become the nutter and now people give me a wide berth

Why didnt you go to loftus rd then Alto instead of sitting in a bar in bromley?

I remember going through london to get to Ashford in Kent.

When Vialli was manager of Chelsea I used to like him and liked how Chelsea were playing. Arsenal were flying high and Chelsea were on the up but underdogs

i stopped off at a Charring Cross to change trains and decided to have a beer. First pub with the match on was found I walked in staring at the screen to see the score and eventually saw 2-0 chelsea - YEEEEEEES! I SAID PUNCHING MY FIST IN THE AIR before looking at my fellow punters who were all Gooners

It's a pity that you have a local twang Alto.

You can empty a pub by shouting in a strong Burnley accent... FOOOOKING COME ON BURNLEY!

You would have had a choice of tele's then.

Had to go to work straight after the game Gaz, would not have made it from Shepherds Bush.

I've been down here too long and have lost the twang Stan, spending a year in Glasgow just before coming down here didn't help neither.

[quote="Altobelli"]Had to go to work straight after the game Gaz, would not have made it from Shepherds Bush.
    Thanx for the info Alto but I am not as nosey as Alf who actually asked the question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast