+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What now?

re: What now?

Quote Originally Posted by PompeyScarf
    Well you wont mind watching conference football then. Many wont.
    Still waiting to hear where this "few bob" is coming from.[/quote]

Well the board reckoned we have not spent the budget that Whitts was promised - and 15,000 gates are above break-even. If we go down revenue drops dramatically. Are we to have no ambition then?

Actually you're right - there should be a pot put aside should a manager be sacked.

Still think RB should have more time though. My alarms'll start ringing in 5 games time if things haven't improved one way or another.

We could probably, just about, fund a pot to urinate in, but that's about our limit at the moment. An emergency fund in case we need to sack two managers in the same season? Hardly likely.

We are now in a much worse position in the league than when Guy left.
    Saturdays pathetic performance was the worst I have seen in 63 years of watching Pompey.

Quote Originally Posted by midhurstblue
    Saturdays pathetic performance was the worst I have seen in 63 years of watching Pompey.
    A mere 60 years for me but I can't remember such a heartless gutless inept performance.

Quote Originally Posted by betalucky
    An emergency fund in case we need to sack two managers in the same season? Hardly likely.
    It's the kind of thing that should be there but...

We'd be no better off now if Guy was still in charge.

I would disagree that things are worse. Barker's team is fitter and making far less mistakes at the back than Whittingham's team did.

We're not creating anything but people seem to forget that that happened under Whittingham's management too. We might nick a goal or two but since early in the season we are not a team that creates tons of chances.

What happens now? I believe that this team are capable of getting results on the road due to the style of play and they're going to need to pick some points up now because March's fixture list is a nightmare with four away games against the promotion contenders and Burton at home midweek.

The rest of this season is going to be a struggle but the players are not going to be helped if we get on their backs early on during home matches. Perhaps now is the time to do away with whatever expectations you may have of this team and back them like we have when the team has been in previous relegation battles.

Quote Originally Posted by chiblu
    A mere 60 years for me but I can't remember such a heartless gutless inept performance.[/quote] I'll add my 58 years of watching Pompey in agreement of the above. They're not Pompey anymore, just fakes really. Even if we survive the lg, on this showing non-lg is a matter of time. A race to the bottom without a miracle. Sometimes I wish we'd folded and no Phoenix. What we've got is akin to a beloved parent with Alzheimer's. It's a one -way trip and we can't afford to do anything.

Christ I wouldnt want to be in the trenches with you, you make it sound like we're 10 points adrift of staying up & we're about to be docked 20 points for not ripping the league up. We won't get relegated & next season we'll come back stronger

[quote="Jim"]I would disagree that things are worse. Barker's team is fitter and making far less mistakes at the back than Whittingham's team did.

We're not creating anything but people seem to forget that that happened under Whittingham's management too. We might nick a goal or two but since early in the season we are not a team that creates tons of chances.

What happens now? I believe that this team are capable of getting results on the road due to the style of play and they're going to need to pick some points up now because March's fixture list is a nightmare with four away games against the promotion contenders and Burton at home midweek.

The rest of this season is going to be a struggle but the players are not going to be helped if we get on their backs early on during home matches. Perhaps now is the time to do away with whatever expectations you may have of this team and back them like we have when the team has been in previous relegation battles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)