+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What now?

re: What now?

[quote="Jim"]I would disagree that things are worse. Barker's team is fitter and making far less mistakes at the back than Whittingham's team did.

We're not creating anything but people seem to forget that that happened under Whittingham's management too. We might nick a goal or two but since early in the season we are not a team that creates tons of chances.

What happens now? I believe that this team are capable of getting results on the road due to the style of play and they're going to need to pick some points up now because March's fixture list is a nightmare with four away games against the promotion contenders and Burton at home midweek.

The rest of this season is going to be a struggle but the players are not going to be helped if we get on their backs early on during home matches. Perhaps now is the time to do away with whatever expectations you may have of this team and back them like we have when the team has been in previous relegation battles.

Somebody will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are in the same league position (18th) as when Guy left albeit having played more games than most teams. When you take that into account and our inability to perform at home I think we have slipped back a notch. Worrying.

However, the team has been rebuilt in double quick time, the defence has improved considerably and this inconsistent league, where anyone can beat anyone, still gives us the opportunity to take big strides up the table if we can just fashion a couple of wins. Desperate stuff but typical Pompey.

What happens now? A point at Exeter and a win against the Dons would be gratefully accepted. We live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 17thMay08
    Christ I wouldnt want to be in the trenches with you, you make it sound like we're 10 points adrift of staying up & we're about to be docked 20 points for not ripping the league up. We won't get relegated & next season we'll come back stronger
    Mea culpa. I admit to a real moaning minnie of a post and was airing my despair some of which is shared by others of my vintage. There is as much talent in Pompey (not much) as there is in most of lg2 . What is missing is the Pompey passion. Everyone has been parachuted in and probably couldn't give a toss about this big club. I said elsewhere Bromley would beat this Pompey team and meant it. DC going doesn't inspire. Five years of downward spiral and no hope takes its toll. Sadly there's still no long-term hope. That's a fact, not defeatist. Understandable managerial deci

I'm just fed up with being down in the dumps at 10 to 5 on a Saturday...Still i live in hope for my beloved PFC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)