+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Coppell

Steve Coppell

Can you help, mate ? PLEASE

re: Steve Coppell

Good point Spoons... what has become of SC, I thought that he was part of a double act with RB.
    He certainly is keeping well out of the limelight, not a word to the media (unless I have missed it).
    Presumably he has some input into the club, his managerial experience ought to be steering RB in the right direction ?

Given all the bile being thrown at Barker after just a couple of months in the job and one bad result I should imagine he is keeping his head well and truly below the parapet. Sensible chap imo.

Coppell will be gone before the end of the season . he has got previous walking out on city. palace and reading

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    Given all the bile being thrown at Barker after just a couple of months in the job and one bad result I should imagine he is keeping his head well and truly below the parapet. Sensible chap imo.
    Is it just one bad performance though, mansfield was pathetic as well except for the last 20mins. 0-0 @ home to Northampton etc..

SOS Steve Coppell..

Quote Originally Posted by Corkhead
    One bad result Corky??? One good result more like and that was a non-existent penalty and a disallowed goal for them which could easily have stood. I agree we deffo shouldn't throw the toys out of the pram but the problem is that we don't really have time and he's had 11 games with only two wins to show for it. We have tightened up at the back no doubt but we are scoring less and in fact his points/game record is worse than Guy's and it's all about results at the moment. Having said that I'm right behind him as I always am with every Pompey manager even if some of them are coooooooonnnts!
    PUP

If we were in the relegation places and playing badly in every game I might accept the vitriol that is going in Barker's direction. We have been doing well away from home recently and with some luck could be a lot better off. The teams below us have to play each other and will not win all their games in hand anyway. What was almost universally agreed when he arrived was he inherited a poor squad. From what I can see he is doing his best to sort it out in double quick time whilst copping awful flak in the process. He is even being pilloried as to what he wears during matches on other boards - as if that has anything to do with it. And we wonder why nobody wants the job.

I know the football has been crap this season, I have driven enough miles to see it myself. But it is where we are as a club at the present moment so maybe we should give the bloke the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer. A win on Saturday changes everything.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)